News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Another Can Not Add Device Thread - Obi 202

Started by _brett, May 18, 2014, 08:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_brett

I've had an OBI 202 for over a year working just fine with U-verse. I just switched over to Comcast and now I can't get it to work. I deleted it from the portal and did a reset. When I try to add the device *5 ... it times out and I can't complete the **9 222-222-222 call. I  have an Asus RT-N66 router I've tried putting it in the DMZ, forwarding ports, and currently it is hooked up directly to the Motorola SB6121 modem. It is getting an IP address from the modem, and I can log into the Obi over the Internet and the power LED is solid green. I'm at a loss. Help?  ???

_brett

Could this issue be related that my Modem's IP Mode is IPv6 Only? 

drgeoff

Quote from: _brett on May 18, 2014, 10:09:24 AM
Could this issue be related that my Modem's IP Mode is IPv6 Only? 
AFAIk the Obi's have no IPv6 support.  But are you really sure your modem is IPv6 only?

_brett

That is what it says on the SB6121 modem configuration page: IPV6 Only. I just switched it back to at&t u-verse and it is working fine, so something is up with either or both Comcast and the cable modem.

_brett

And I switched it back to Comcast and I get nothing... Very frustrating.

_brett

After messing with this thing for a while, it turns out while I had internet access, my Comcast account had not been fully activated. Once I went through the activation steps with Comcast, the Obi202 was able to connect to the Obihai server.