News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stag away from Vestalink

Started by kevin8629, May 20, 2014, 03:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevin8629

Set my obi and my parents up with Vestalink.   2years  unlimited plus.  Today I waz talking to my 70 year old
Mother and click we were disconected.  I tried to call her back anx it said numbef not in service
Contacted customer support.  They said they abused the phone so they were downgraded to 2000 a month
Basi and the used 2000 minutes.  I checked the call logs and tbey are no where near that.  According
To there TOS they are suposed to notify you of abuse, which they didn't.   Notify you od downgrade, which they didn't.
They just do what they want.  They did give me a partial refund

Kage

So Vestalink sells an unlimited plan but if you talk too much they cut you off? So much for unlimited. It also sounds like Magic Jack. It's probably in the TOS that they can do this but if they're going to sell it as unlimited then have those limiting provisions that to me is doublespeak and misleading in advertising.

Although I've never experienced it I've heard of Google dropping calls after an hour but you can call back and start over. Another reason I'd prefer to keep them if possible because sometimes you call some company and you're put on hold forever and there's nothing you can do about it. Otherwise I'm rarely on the phone for long.

Crow550

My Mom uses G-Voice and doesn't get cut off after an hour.

Maybe rarely but that could be hiccups in the system.

Wonder is Phone Power is really unlimited?

Pretty stupid to call something unlimited and then BS it.

Course many companies do this....

Ken1908

Found PP's fine print at the very bottom of the page and unlimited is 5000 minutes

"Residential Premium Service - Premium plans are designed to fulfill unrestricted use by over 99.9% of our residential users without triggering any overage charges. You will be charged 2 cents per minute for minutes exceeding 5,000 per month. Free second year service on our pre-paid plan will be assessed applicable taxes, surcharges, and fees at the start of the second year. These fees will be calculated based on the standard price for the service"

Quote from: Crow550 on May 20, 2014, 06:06:56 PM

Wonder is Phone Power is really unlimited?

Pretty stupid to call something unlimited and then BS it.

Course many companies do this....

Rick

Thanks for the warning.  I will stag away.  Can I deer close?   :D

kevin8629

Its not in Vestalinks term of service.  They are not a good choice