News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PhonePower or Anveo

Started by shawguy, May 23, 2014, 06:13:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shawguy

I know many of you have been signing up with Anveo or Phone Power because of the Google voice service support ending, but I have a bit different of a situation. I want to sign up as I am finally getting rid of my land line phone. However I want to port my phone number over.

I see that both offer the ability to port Canadian numbers in, however I was wondering if there is a preference amoung people on this forum for reliability and quality. WHich do you prefer Anveo or Phone Power - what are some of the notable differences. I don't need obscure features, I just want Caller ID (In and out if possible), call forwarding, call waiting, and possibly voicemail which I believe both have.

I was leaning towards Anveo, but interesting in your input.

giqcass

I don't use either but I have been monitoring the situation.  Based on other peoples experiences I consider Anveo to be a slightly more reliable service with a slightly higher price tag per minute.  Since you want basic service in Canada have a look at freephoneline.ca.  I don't know as much about them but it's a popular choice for VOIP service in Canada and worth a look because of it's low price point.
Long live our new ObiLords!

shawguy

Thanks for the information. I am in Winnipeg, Manitoba and freephoneline.ca does not offer Winnipeg phone numbers - either to sign up or port in. (They also have an App - called Fongo) - which I do use but I have an Alberta phone number (but thats another story) :)

I tried contacting both PhonePower and Anveo to ask about porting Winnipeg phone numbers in, and PhonePower sent me this;

"Unfortunately we cannot confirm 100% if we can port your Canadian phone number, however we usually can. But in order to know for sure, you would have to go through the signup process and also provide a recent copy of a phone bill. We would submit your bill and find out if the number is transferable to us. Should it not be transferable, you can get a new number or cancel and get a refund."

I know from others I have spoken to that Anveo can port in Winnipeg Phone numbers, but I like the fact that PhonePower has Caller ID with Name, but Anveo does not include that in the ObiTalk packages.

I was looking to see people who have signed up with either service and how reliable the service is. Also is there one who has been in business longer or is likely to be around for years to come - as I don't want to lose my ported in Winnipeg Phone number because one of them goes out of business :)

Thank you in advance for all comments. Also do either of them have any hidden fees not stated in the offer?

c3c3

Quote from: shawguy on May 24, 2014, 11:27:57 AM
I like the fact that PhonePower has Caller ID with Name, but Anveo does not include that in the ObiTalk packages.

Incoming CNAM costs extra for Anveo Basic, but it's included in Anveo Just Right.

AlanB

Actually the Anveo Just Right plan does include caller ID with name. I've found Anveo to be very reliable. Call quality is great. Personally if I were starting over I might not do the Anveo plan since I don't make a lot of calls but would go with Anveo again.

Both companies have been around awhile.

In theory you should not lose your number if either goes out of business. A third party provider most likely actually owns the number. How you would contact them I don't know.