News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice is still working normally, but why?

Started by AJor, May 24, 2014, 07:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YASH

Quote from: lvnv4me on June 20, 2014, 06:10:56 PM
I am having issues with GV and my OBI

I can still make outbound calls, no problem.

Incoming calls ring, but cannot be picked up, they disconnect.

My ObiTalk control panel says "Offline" for that SP. Green light on the OBI is solid green, as before.

Beginning of the end?  Everything was working normally until yesterday.  Nothing changed.  Rebooted and no difference.

DO IT AGAIN IN  A  REFRESH WAY, ALL OVER,..

Go to obitalk.com, and Login :  ( your obi e-mail address given to obi )  and Password

Click on OBI device named ( your name) , ( e.g. No. 500 620 148 )
and,... on next page,...in the center box, click on "SP1" or "SP2" ( Port 1 or Port 2 )
and then,...on next page, enter new Google's e-mail name and password,  
then submit and allow 2 minute
and the GV number is changed/refreshed, as per your G-mail's account's voice number.

In the box there you should have an area code also
and the main thing is,..
WHATEVER THE ACTIVTY OR THE CHANGES YOU DO ON THAT PAGE,....
RETYPE THE PASSWORD AND SUBMIT  ( DO NOT KEEP THE PASSWORD AS IT IS, RETYPE IT again AND SUBMIT )

lvnv4me

Thanks all for the suggestions. Did them all and even reinstalled new.  But still a no-go on incoming.  Outgoing still fine.

What I did do though was delete my GoogleTalk as a forwarding phone from my GV settings in my GV account.  From there I went to Gmail and made a call from the Google Chat app.  That caused my Google Talk to replace itself on my settings in GV.  At that point I re-checked the newly created GoogleTalk icon as a forwarding phone in my GV settings.

Had an incoming call it worked fine.  But my control panel on OBiTalk still says "Offline".  Is that the case with users connected or not? 

My other line is through VoIP.ms and it shows nothing, blank, where the "offline" appears in my dashboard, but it is working fine incoming and out.

YASH

^^

OBI should say "online" with green button.

Best bet would be wither your piece went bad,. And if not,..
Open a new GV account and start all over with a new GV phobne number and  that may take care of all your GV communication,.

To have another Google voice phone number,
Open any new Google mail account at : http://mail.google.com,
Create New account,..
then,....Go to http://www.google.com/voice, login with that new Google mail account and make another new Google voice phone number. (search from the available list )
You need to give any existing phone number such as 215-250-5623 and they will call you and confirm the two digit password.

OR,..

Call OBI at
1-408-890-6000

leave message and request to help you out,...

AJor

Update: Five months later it still works normally. I just read this and did a double-take:

http://blog.obihai.com/2014/09/google-voice-and-obihai-update.html

"Google Voice is now Officially Supported on OBi VoIP devices." (Don't they mean re-supported?)

SteveInWA

This has been explained and discussed to death here on the forum, for months.  Other than snark, there's no point to your two posts, months later.

OBi access to Google users' accounts was not previously "officially" supported by Google.  Google, in fact, told the third parties to stop doing this by May 15th.  Obihai then worked within Google's approved guidelines to become compliant with Google's security requirements, by replacing the previous Google Chat direct access method with updated firmware and portal software.  The new support mode uses a more-secure authentication method, known as OAUTH 2.0, to exchange secure access tokens between Obihai and Google, to allow your device(s) to access your account without knowing your password.  With this update, Google now acknowledges that Obihai is using a sanctioned, supported access method.