News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial Plan & Star Codes

Started by VirtualMonitoring, May 04, 2011, 10:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VirtualMonitoring

I'm working my way through my new OBI100 and can't figure out how to get it to play a Prompt Tone (or Second Dial Tone) after dialing 1234.

In a Linksys dial plan I use <1234S0:*00> and have a Feature Dial Services Code setting of *00

When I dial 1234 with a Linksys ATA, I hear the Prompt Tone, but I just can't work it out from the OBI Admin guide. Getting a Second Dial Tone would work just as well for me.

Any pointers?

RonR

Here's a PHONE Port DigitMap that invokes a second dialtone (Prompt Tone) after dialing **1, **2, **8, or **9:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]x?|911|**0|***|#|**1{t=pr}(Msp1)|**2{t=pr}(Msp2)|**8{t=pr}(Mli)|**9{t=pr}(Mpp)|(Mpli))

VirtualMonitoring

Thanks - I'm trying to test it but the web server in my OBI110 is so bad that I've had to give up after an hour. I've tried IE and Firefox but still pages take 15+ seconds to load - if they load at all.

In IE I keep getting:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

or...

Windows Explorer cannot display the web page.

In Firefox I get:

Error loading stylesheet: An unknown error has occurred (804b000e)

http://192.168.1.35/default.xsl

I've rebooted several times without any luck. I have v1.2.0 (Build: 2102) firmwar so really don't know where to go from here  :-\

VirtualMonitoring

Using Firefox I eventually managed to add the following to the PHONE port digitmap:

1234{t=di2}(Mph)

I know the above must be seriously wrong because as soon as I applied the changes my OBi110 will not stop rebooting every 15 seconds.

LOL - I would have prefered a warning letting me know that the setting was invalid  :D

RonR

Quote from: VirtualMonitoring on May 05, 2011, 08:41:51 AM
Using Firefox I eventually managed to add the following to the PHONE port digitmap:

1234{t=di2}(Mph)

I know the above must be seriously wrong because as soon as I applied the changes my OBi110 will not stop rebooting every 15 seconds.

LOL - I would have prefered a warning letting me know that the setting was invalid  :D

You're creating and endless loop.  (Mph) is a reference to the PHONE Port DigitMap where your put that reference.  There is no checking in the OBi for such things.

You'll probably need to reset the OBi back to factory defaults using the reset button on the bottom of the unit.

VirtualMonitoring

Typical - I read your post a few minutes too late and now have my Obi100 rebooting every 15 seconds.

I can't find any reference to using the hardware reset button - is there any specific method of doing it?

I'm not having much luck and don't want to make things worse.

RonR

Keep it depressed for at least 10 seconds until the OBi reboots.  Then the unit should be back at factory defaults.

VirtualMonitoring

Thanks - that worked perfectly on both devices. It took about 12 seconds and the power light started flashing yellow a couple of times per second. I then let go of the reset button and a few seconds later everything was back to factory defaults.

;D OK - off I go again.....