News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Voip.ms, Inbound Caller ID, and Obi202

Started by gknight4, May 25, 2014, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gknight4

Greetings!

I'm experimenting with VestaLink, CallCentric, Voip.ms, and LocalPhone, and have the Obi202 and Obi100.

Incoming calls from Voip.ms through the Obi202 do not show Caller ID. The same settings on the Obi100 work fine, and the other services work fine through the Obi202.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gene Knight

MurrayB

Just as a bit of info caller ID works fine on the Obi110 with VoIP.ms

soundview

Do you mean the caller id number does not show or the caller id name?

The caller number should show by default. Caller ID name on voip.ms is an added feature you need to enable with a small charge per lookup. However If the caller is in your phone book, there is no charge and the caller name overrides the common database entry.

Johnny

Like soundview said,  if your issue is with caller ID "Name" not showing, while using Voip.ms, I think by default that feature is turned off at Voip.ms, and you need to enable it in your account.  That could be why it's not coming up.

There is a very small charge for this feature, unless as soundview mentioned, the name is in your phone book and then there is no charge.

The charge for this feature is 8/10th of a cent.  Not really a major concern for me especially since most of my incoming calls are from numbers in my phone book.