News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What is the story of Google Voice? My Obi202 still works with GV

Started by YASH, May 27, 2014, 05:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YASH

I have obi202, which is 10 mos old and recently ( was using via Google voice ) there was  a wave of Google voice, stopping its services around May 15, 2014. But My piece is still working via GV and,.... as I received an e-mail from Obitalk,......
they say that Google has somehow made a provision to work it out,  some other way, so the service has not interrupted.  But the obi202 staff will not assist anymore for the Google voice for any questionnaire support, as they had declared.

So what is the true story ?  Are you still using GV,..... or should change to other service?
So far, I have no problem.  Pl. comment on this, an dalso ig there is another easy change for free service.

Somehow obihai helpline number is not returning my calls,
and they have stopped assisting via phone, it looks like. 

Thank you.

-------------

gderf

The true story is that Cinderella rode up on an OBi box at the stroke of midnight on May 15th and the OBi was supposed to turn into a turd. But alas, it didn't happen.

Many, many folks in the kingdom are disappointed, the forum is flooded with "me too" posts of "mine still works", and there have even been reports of people jumping out of windows after cancelling their ebay auctions of their OBis.

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Harley

Well  Cinderella must have had a relapse because the Obi website went black last night and since then everyone I've talked to says the same thing, that when they check their dashboard  it now says "offline" so what's going on with that?

gderf

The status my OBi is now offline at the OBiTALK portal, but this is not having any effect on my Google Talk calling.

BigJim_McD

gderf,   I have the same issue on my 3 OBi devices,  the devices are shown offline and SP1 on all 3 devices shows offline.   Status is still good at "voip.ms" and at "Vestalink" and on the ADMIN Web display for each of the devices.  And most important the devices are still handling calls.

Check: 

OBiTALK Community > General Support > OBiTALK Web Portal > Obitalk Portal shows "Offline"

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8160.msg53657#msg53657
BigJimMcD

BigJim_McD

Harley, 

The OBiTalk incorrectly displaying "OFFLINE" issue has cleared for me also and appears to be stable once again.

I'm leaving Google Voice configured on SP2 of my 3 OBi devices until it quits working.  I continue to use Vestalink on SP1 for my Home phone service and voip.ms for my "Virtual Office" phone service. 

I only use Google Voice as a phone call control and forwarding service, but I regularly make an outgoing Google Voice test call just to see it it's still working.
BigJimMcD

YASH

This part somehow I do not understand,...

If ring to service is coming eventually free
just like the Google Voice,  why it will not be available to
the previously purchased obi devices holders , who purchased it before the May 1, 2014? "

This is the e-mail obi circulated to all its customers,...

http://blog.obihai.com/2014/05/the-google-voice-service-is-still.html

carl

Quote from: gderf on May 27, 2014, 06:47:19 AM
, and there have even been reports of people jumping out of windows after cancelling their ebay auctions of their OBis.

True, but most of them were jumping from first floor windows.

YASH

I think,  it's time not to jump out but to get in,.. when, in such turbulence times the auction prices are lower,.. since, obi has assured for free "ring.to" services  for those who purchased after May 1, 14 and hence if you trust them,. ( I hope, they keep their words ) , so on that basis this is the time to buy. No ?

Btw,.. anyone knows the reason,. Why they are not co-operating now on their obi's number,.... 1-408-634-6000 or 5904

I tried many times,.. no help at all.  Just  a recorded tape runs, no one returns the call back,..

zorlac

You've signed up for their "Premium Services Package" right?

YASH

Quote from: zorlac on May 29, 2014, 09:04:26 AM

No I have not bought premium. What is that?

Do one will,... have to have " Premium service " to get free ring.to ?

Also in this link,
at the bottom they say,....  You need to have 911 configured to have ring.to.  So what it means?
You will have to buy 911 service first, in order to have free ring.to??

So, what is the meaning there, for this free exciting offer ???.  Confused.

1.   Get 911 configured on your OBi device

Re:  
http://blog.obihai.com/2014/05/the-google-voice-service-is-still.html

zorlac

Quote from: YASH on May 29, 2014, 09:15:15 AM
Quote from: zorlac on May 29, 2014, 09:04:26 AM
No I have not bought premium. What is that?
I'm pulling your leg.  ;D
If you expect phone support on a $40 box from a small company you're probably gonna be disappointed.   ;)

Harley

All this talk about Ring.to? Has anyone actually signed up with Groove IP and Ring.to yet? Check it out then report back on what you  think?  ( https://ring.to/groove/ )  So far I think everything is rolling right along.

YASH

Quote from: Harley on May 29, 2014, 10:45:19 AM
All this talk about Ring.to? Has anyone actually signed up with Groove IP and Ring.to yet? Check it out then report back on what you  think?  ( https://ring.to/groove/ )  So far I think everything is rolling right along.

did anyone successfully switched to them,. and it's working fine just like the google voice, yet ??

PeteMoss

I feel like a fool for falling for Obihai's The Sky is Falling notifications.

vtsnaab

Very well said:
Quote from: PeteMoss on May 31, 2014, 05:26:52 AM
I feel like a fool for falling for Obihai's The Sky is Falling notifications.
Thus far - $$ spent on changing service providers for...for...for...nuttin really.

CoVayne

My 202 is working with GV. In fact I signed up for it last night out of frustration with Anveo which I can't get to work with receiving calls. I get a "The subscriber you have dialed is not in service...if you feel...(etc)" message when I call using my T-Mobile phone. Anyone calling me with a land line says it just rings but I don't hear it. Tried a coordinated thing with a buddy to "count to 10 and just pick" up while he was calling and no, I get a dial tone while he still hears ringing. Made sure the numbers were correct too. Calling out on it is fine though. Anyway, I clicked for and received a new Google Voice number to boot! What have I gotten away with here? GV is working BEAUUUUTIFULLY! I hope the Anveo solution gets rectified if GV does go bye bye...

gderf

lhm.

GV is forever.  ;D   Assuming Sipsorcery stays with me.