News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What is the story of Google Voice? My Obi202 still works with GV

Started by YASH, May 27, 2014, 05:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FormerYooper

Quote from: Harley on May 29, 2014, 10:45:19 AM
All this talk about Ring.to? Has anyone actually signed up with Groove IP and Ring.to yet? Check it out then report back on what you  think?  ( https://ring.to/groove/ )  So far I think everything is rolling right along.

I've used the *new* GrooveIP android app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 for over 2 weeks now. 
Started with Groove IP Lite (which is free), but will be upgrading to the paid app because it works so well, I feel the developer deserves the support.  Installed the app on my tablet, created a login, got a phone number in my area code and then linked it to my Google Voice number as a forwarding number.  It works great!  Was up & running in less than 5 minutes.  No issues whatsoever.  I did have one question about changing the ringtone & SNRB Labs responded by email within 5 minutes.  SMS is not yet working with the app, but will be added later.  I can live without SMS for a time.

For the record, I still have GV on SP1 of my Obi 100 for outgoing calls.  Prior to May 15, I got a Callcentric Free NY DID & set it up for incoming calls on SP2, in the event XMPP was shut off.  My alternative plan was to make outgoing calls from my computer should the need arise. I never bought into the sky is falling mentality & rather adopted a wait & see attitude.  It paid off.  Like I always say ... react in haste, regret at leisure!   ;)

Nate83

So are people still (as for 6/12) still using Google Voice on their Obi?

gderf

Quote from: Nate83 on June 12, 2014, 11:09:56 AM
So are people still (as for 6/12) still using Google Voice on their Obi?

If you had to make a guess, what do you thing the answer might be?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Nate83

I guess it sounds like I need to continue to use GV until it no longer works. 

gderf

Quote from: Nate83 on June 13, 2014, 06:13:42 AM
I guess it sounds like I need to continue to use GV until it no longer works. 

Welcome to the club.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.