News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot get confirmation from webportal

Started by rives, May 27, 2014, 09:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rives

I've used this device for over a year.  Same network, same router, no issues.  I needed to reconfigure it because of google voice and moved over to phone power.  However, due to some issues I had to start from scratch.  I've reset the device.  Restarted the modem and router.   I can ping the device.  I can send the **5 #### to the server.  About 1/2 the time it times out, but 1/2 the time it gives me the correct ID information on the device and asks to confirm.  I click confirm and it waits a long time and ultimately goes to the homepage.  When I click on the dashboard from there it says it failed to add the device.  Internet service is cable modem with 28M download and 3.5 upload.

I have tried both IE and chrome with identical results. 

BigJim_McD

rives,   Several people are reporting issues with "OBi Dashboard" this morning.  OBi Dashboard is incorrectly displaying an "OFFLINE" status for OBi devices that are both in-service and handling calls. 

You may have to wait until OBi corrects this issue before making any updates on OBi devices managed via OBiTalk Dashboard.

Check: 
OBiTALK Community > General Support > OBiTALK Web Portal > Obitalk Portal shows "Offline"

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8160.msg53657#msg53657
BigJimMcD

rives

Follow up:  Right after--and I mean right after.  It worked.  The confirmation returned the device was added.  I went to add phone power and that seemed to work as well.  However, I currently get the message "there is no service to complete your call" when I try an outgoing call.

rives

I think their web portal is the issue.  I can now get confirmation consistently but cannot configure the service.  Phone power says it has successfully re-sync'd the device and obitalk shows phone power as SP1, but if you wait a little while and log in it says their is an error and it is not configured and the device is not managed by obitalk, so you have to start again from scratch.  Meaning back to sending the **5 #### and confirming the device ID.  But still not able to make any headway on being able to actually make or receive calls.

BigJim_McD

rives,    I recommend that you start over after resetting your OBi device. 

The issues that I (and others) were seeing with OBiTalk Dashboard device status has cleared and so far OBiTalk dashboard continues to correctly display my OBi devices as "Registered" ("Connected" for Google Voice).
BigJimMcD

Harley

Obi must have done something because everything is working and back to normal.

rives

I have deleted the device from the dashboard, reset the device, added the device, added phonepower to sp1 and resync'd, and configured the device.  But still get an "Error, click here for more".  And it takes me back to step one to start all over again.

rives

Now all that is left is to get it to successfully configure.  It says it has successfully configured, but it shows offline.  If I try to make an outgoing call (except the test call which works), it says there is an error in the configuration.  I'm think there are still some issues with the web portal and until they are fixed I'm not going to get any further--but I'm closer now.

rives

And it now magically works.  I think they were just having technical issues on their end.