News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to call GV voicemail using Phonepower?

Started by S2SinNC, May 23, 2014, 01:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S2SinNC

Does anyone know how I you call your GV voicemail box from the PhonePower number (post GV shut off)?

I currently have PhonePower set up as SP1 with "Primary Line for Outgoing Calls" checked. I have GV configured in the SIP2 location. I have the PhonePower number spoofed to show the GV number on outbound calls.

Because I still have GV configured on the Obi, I can still call my GV Voicemail over Obi by dialing **2, then my GV phone number (because dialing *98 to get GV voicemail wont work unless GV is in SP1 slot).

Once GV really stops working over Obi, how will I be able to call my GV Voicemail from by Obi devices? I've tried it and by calling my GV phone number (without dialing **2) and I get an error message stating that the number dialed was rejected by service provider for reason #487. I suspect that is because the number is spoofed and I have the VM pin turned off when calling from the home number.

gderf

You cannot call your Google Voice number from a phone that identifies itself as your Google Voice number.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

psuPete

I believe I have been calling my GV VM from my OBi spoofed telephone # for years.  At this point, I am not 100 % sure which GV config options (SETTINGS) allows me to do that or even if I did.

The format of my GV # is

(nnn) nnn-nnnn

I do not know how well GV would parse other formats of CLID.  I am calling from my OBi/GV SP1 port.

gderf

Calling your Google Voice number from an OBi configured to use the Google Voice port for that call is not the same thing as calling it from an OBi configured to use a SIP provider on another port.

The call from the SIP port will be rejected by Google Voice if it has its CLID set to the same number you are dialing.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

S2SinNC

Quote from: azrobert on May 24, 2014, 05:57:14 AM
Can Phonepower do the following?

I don't see anything under the settings which will get the job done - they offer "virtual" numbers and second lines, but they all spoof CID to the primary number so that won't work either.

For reference I also tried to dial *67 to block PhonePower outbound caller ID and it still plays the rejected message (Darn Google Machine - they *know* everything). Interesting, the call shows up in my GV call log as an unknown caller - not in the spam folder like I thought it would.

I checked with PhonePower's support via chat to see if there was a way to temporarily un-spoof my CID when I place certain calls (similar to dialing *67) or for specific numbers (like when I call the number they are spoofing) and it isn't yet. They said it "is a known issue and we have our development team working on fixing this issue. We currently don't have a temporary fix. All we can do is stop the spoofing but it becomes permanent and you've indicated that you want a temp solution."

Unfortunately PP support agent was not able to get a time line on the fix for calling GV Voicemail. I'm just glad that they are aware of the issue and that they are working on it. Most big companies would not care to invest the resources.

azrobert

QuoteFor reference I also tried to dial *67 to block PhonePower outbound caller ID and it still plays the rejected message (Darn Google Machine - they *know* everything). Interesting, the call shows up in my GV call log as an unknown caller - not in the spam folder like I thought it would.

If you block your CID you should be able to access your VM.
I think the following is what you have to do:
Call your GV number.
Wait for the VM message.
Immediately dial *
You will get a prompt something like:
"This number is not associated with your GV account. Please enter a GV forwarding number followed by a #"
Do what the nice lady asked for and you will get into your VM.

You can automatically send PP an *67 when you dial your GV number.
Add the following to the beginning of the OBI
Physical interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute: {(<*67>1gggggggggg):sp1},

gggggggggg is your GV number.
This assumes PP is defined on SP1.

S2SinNC

Thanks - that got me into the GV voicemail system. GV isn't letting me any further by saying that my forwarding number doesn't match but clearly closer than I was.

I must not have been waiting long enough after the <*67> to make it work earlier.