News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring.to just for forwarding

Started by Jackson, June 01, 2014, 12:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackson

Anyone have any experience with Ring.to?  A very confusing site.

I'd like to port my GV# to Ring.to.  I've been having  few issues when folks still call my GV# that is then forwarded to my new Anveo Obi #. Call quality is fine but my cordless phone seems one ring behind, so if I don't pick by the ~3rd ring GV VM kicks in.  I like the option of having a 219 GV# and my 312 Anveo #.

giqcass

It will not list any forwarding options until after you port your number.  Immediately after porting your number will be parked. You can set the forward time anywhere from 10-35 seconds before it will go to Voicemail.  Ring.to will allow you to forward your number to as many as 4 destinations.  Text messages only forward to 1 destination.  You can also use an app.

For incoming CID you have 2 options:

• Display the number of the person calling me
  • Display my Ring.to number

Any other questions?
Long live our new ObiLords!

Taoman

Quote from: giqcass on June 02, 2014, 03:20:29 PM

Any other questions?

Were you able to port in one of your numbers? None of my numbers are able to be ported to Ring.to including my Google Voice number which, of course, is a Bandwidth.com number in my local rate center. Go figure. I then downloaded Groove IP and tried to obtain a new number and there isn't one available in any area code anywhere in my entire state (Washington). I had to get one from rural Oregon.

Since I can't port in any of my numbers Ring.to loses its appeal.......especially since Ring.to doesn't allow spoofing of outgoing CID (beyond any number you have already ported in). I suppose I could always dial my GV number and then dial out from there (which would display my GV # for CID) but that's way too much hassle and would probably affect call quality anyway.

On a brighter note, I slapped Groove IP on an old Android I had lying around and it works amazingly well over WiFi. It even works great when forwarding from Google Voice. Of course, I need yet another DID like I need a hole in the head.

giqcass

Quote from: Taoman on June 02, 2014, 05:03:43 PM
Were you able to port in one of your numbers?
Read the forum.  I have a thread on porting in to ring.to and it's about 14 posts under this one.

Quote from: giqcass on May 23, 2014, 04:47:09 PM
I have started the process of porting a number from Rinplus to Ring.to.  There have been no fees so far.

• I used the 10 digit phone number as my account number.
  • I used my Voicemail password as the account PIN.

May 20, 2014
QuoteCongratulations - You've just submitted a request to move your number to Ring.to!

Our system will now begin processing your order.

You'll hear from us again as soon as we confirm your transfer date and time.

This can take up to a full business day, but typically happens in just a few hours.

Thanks,
The Ring.to Team
https://ring.to/

I just Got an email today  May 23rd 2014 that says
QuoteWe just wanted to let you know that your number will be moved to Ring.to on 05-27-2014 11:30 AM EDT.

I will update this thread when the process is finished.  It's difficult to know if the holiday has delayed the process or not.

Porting complete
Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:55 AM
QuoteCongratulations, your personal number is now active on Ring.to.

Be sure to log in and configure your number for forwarding or customize your outgoing message.

Phone Number: (xxx) xxx-xxxx

Thanks,
The Ring.to Team
https://ring.to/

Jackson

Thanks giqcass. 

I just saw this after doing a search for 'parked' at Ring.to.

Updated 2014-05-16

For those of you that want to know "what is different" between the app and web experience - The web experience lets you set how long your number will ring before voicemail is answered. It also allows you to enable / disable voicemail. The app version does not allow you to set the auto-answer timer and does not allow you to enable voicemail when call forwarding is enabled.

Does this seem incorrect?  I sent them an email hoping for clarification on the enable/disable voicemail part.

giqcass

That sonds right.  You can disable Voicemail on the web version.  I'm hoping they have their own Android software soon.  Hopefully all of the features will be available then.