News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Line Port Disconnect Problem

Started by azrobert, May 05, 2011, 01:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azrobert

I'm selectively routing Line port PSTN inbound calls to my Callcentric voicemail via an OBi voice gateway.  The OBi110 is not detecting the PSTN call disconnect properly. After the caller hangs up there is about 10 seconds of silence, 90 seconds Fast Busy, 60 seconds of silence then the disconnect.  The OBi is not recognizing the Fast Busy as a disconnect, but does recognize the 60 seconds of silence as a disconnect.

An internet article I found defines a Fast Busy as -24db and the OBi Tone Profile has it as -18db, so I tried changing the DisconnectTonePattern to 480-24,620-24;10;(.25+.25) and 480-18,620-18;10;(.25+.25). I got the same result with both.

Any suggestions on how to make this work better?  I can send you a copy of voicemail in MP3 format if it can be helpful in diagnosing the problem.

azrobert

After upgrading to firmware Build 2286 the OBi is acting much better, but there is still a problem.

When I leave a message on Callcentric's voice mail, after hang up I get approximately 10 seconds of silence, 2 seconds of fast busy then disconnect.  Perfect!

BUT when I hang up without leaving a message I get approximately 5 seconds of silence,  a MINUTE of fast busy then the disconnect.

Why  the difference between leaving a message and just hanging up?

I tried 3 times leaving a message and 3 times hanging up and got the same results.

LeftRight

You might relax the disconnect tone cadence a little bit, say by lower 50 ms on ON/OFF time, and see whether that fixes your problem.

That is, you can try:  480-30,620-30;10;(.2+.2)

azrobert

Thanks LeftRight for your suggestion, but I got  the same results (a few seconds to disconnect if I leave a message and over a minute to disconnect if I hang up without leaving a message).

I started testing again when I saw this "Fix for SIP INVITE to-tag not updated properly problem causing interop an issue with Callcentric voice mail" in the list of fixes for Build 2286.  I don't understand what this fix does, but apparently there was an incompatibility between Callcentric voice mail and the OBi110 that this fix only partially corrected.

I'm just going to wait until I hear from OBiSupport.

OBiSupport

Robert,

Please contact support@obihai.com regarding this issue.
We want to debug this.
Please indicate your 9 digit OBi No. in your email.

-Obihai Support Team

azrobert

OBiSupport,

The test firmware you loaded on my OBi110 has fixed the problem.

Thanks

azrobert

ObiSupport,

I spoke too soon when I said the problem was fixed.

Today I received a call from an 800 number that left a recorded message after being transferred to my Callcentric voicemail.  After the recorded message I got approximately 10 seconds of silence, 90 seconds of fast busy and 60 seconds of silence then the disconnect.

I'm sending you the audio file of the voicemail.