News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Porting GV to Anveo issue

Started by badun, June 09, 2014, 07:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badun

Like many OBi owners (OBi100) I switched from GV to Anveo and attempted port my existing GV number as well.  The phone has a ringtone and can dial out (caller ID is not my area code or my GV #).  Calls made to my GV # go to my Google inbox, the phone does not ring.  On OBiTalk, SP1 is Anveo, status is green, and it is Registered.  On Anveo, SIP status is online and the calls made from the handset are listed.  However, when I check the "Port an existing number to Anveo" status it shows "Submitted" and there's been no activity since I submitted the request.  Note that GV says the number is unlocked.

I assume that the GV # was never ported.  If so, how do I get Anveo's attention on this without spending all day on the phone with them?  If that's not the issue then what else do I need to check?

OBoy

In the F.A.Q. section on the Anveo website it says, "On average it takes 3-5 weeks to port a number."  It was over a year ago that I ported my GV number to Anveo but as I recall it only took about a week to complete.  Once the port is completed I think you will receive an email from Anveo saying your number has been added into your account for configuration purposes and you can configure the number. Sign into your Anveo account a take a look under the "Phone Numbers" tab. It the meantime, you can try forwarding your GV to your current Anveo number. 

MikeHObi

Anveo sends you an e-mail address with information on your port when you start the process.  you can reply to that e-mail to get status.

If you did not unlock your google voice number before the port request then that may be why it is taking a long time.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

c3c3

Quote from: MikeHObi on June 10, 2014, 11:01:12 AM
Anveo sends you an e-mail address with information on your port when you start the process.  you can reply to that e-mail to get status.
Not sure if that's true anymore, now that the porting process is automated and should be done in about an hour.

If you did not unlock your google voice number before the port request then that may be why it is taking a long time.
Other people have recommended unlocking it a few days before porting.

badun

Thanks for the responses!  I could have sworn that Anveo's site said 3-5 days but I assumed that a delay was to be expected because of the rush to leave GV.  That said, I did not unlock my GV number until after I'd submitted the request to Anveo (never had to port a number before).  I will follow up with Anveo using the email notification as suggested.  Thanks again!

c3c3

Just a warning that Anveo may not respond to emails.  You may need to use the ticket system instead.

AlanB

I'm pretty sure you get a warning from Anveo to confirm that your number is unlocked before completing the port request.  Can you initiate another request?

MikeHObi

Quote from: c3c3 on June 10, 2014, 11:44:14 AM
Quote from: MikeHObi on June 10, 2014, 11:01:12 AM
Not sure if that's true anymore, now that the porting process is automated and should be done in about an hour.

I forgot about that and that is true.  I received an e-mail acknowledging receipt of my request to port which had included various documentation they requested originally for the port.

If you used their automated system but didn't have your number unlocked, you may need to request again once you do have your number unlocked.  that is is an automated system indicates that humans may not notice if there is a problem, thus you may not get notified.

Anveo's documentation for Porting IN is found in this page:
https://www.anveo.com/faq.asp?code=faq_did_portin

This doesn't seem to have been updated since they offered automatic google voice porting.
Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.

badun

I did have to create a ticket but they responded within 24 hours.  The response said that because I had initiated the request on a holiday (Memorial Day) it wasn't acted on.  They took care of it and all is good now.  Thanks to all for the responses!