News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi100 rings with no call incoming

Started by ScottB, June 10, 2014, 12:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottB

I've have it working with a Callcentric account. I can make and receive calls.
The problem I am having is it rings the phone with caller ID saying '100' or '1001' or '2014' and it will go on for a period of calls every 1-2 min. If I answer it is just dead air. Sometimes it is quiet for days then other times it just wont stop until I unplug the phone. Callcentric says its not them and there is no record of a call in their logs. I've searched and can't find anyone else with the same issue. Firmware is up to date 1.3.0 (Build: 2824). Any ideas?

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

cluckercreek

ScottB

Well now that I know that's a thing I found the discussions with fixes. I changed from the default ports and will see how that goes. It's strange there isn't more complaints about scanning on the forum. I can't be the only default install with this issue.

cluckercreek

Happened to me as well. Your provider should know that's what it was. Look up "Oleg Method" and use that. I can't give a direct link or I would but it's here on the forum.

gderf

Changing the ports isn't the best solution. The Oleg method in the cited link is better.

Mango

Quote from: ScottB on June 10, 2014, 02:00:37 PMIt's strange there isn't more complaints about scanning on the forum.

I think the complaints started dropping significantly when OBiTALK started implementing the Oleg method.

I have to say I continue to be surprised by the number of people who do not have their VoIP equipment protected by a firewall.

gderf

I wonder why the current firmware no longer uses the Oleg method, and from what I can tell, the replacement method is not enabled by default.

vincentnyc

i'm having same issue, i can still make outgoing call with my obi and google voice.  just now incoming calls are not ringing.  i have incoming call redirected to my cell number and my cell rings.  incoming call was ringing in the past, but not recently.  just wondering if this is related to the google voice cut off date for may 16th?

gderf

There was no cutoff on May 15th.

On your Google Voice page, verify that you have Forwards calls to: Google chat enabled. Also, make sure the ringer on your phone is not set to off.

vincentnyc

thx gderf...enabling call forward to google chat did the trick and made the phone ring again.  how come you need to foward the call to google chat to make it ring?