December 11, 2017, 06:33:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RingTo Now Available as an OBiTALK Approved Service  (Read 287914 times)
Marketing
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:39:14 pm »

We are happy to announce that the RingTo OBiTALK Approved Service Provider offer is now live! RingTo is a FREE service allowing you to untether your phone number.

The RingTo offer is for OBi device owners who have purchased a new OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202 or OBi5vs series device after May 1st 2014.  If this is you, please read-on!

To use the RingTo service on your OBi, you must have a Google Voice or other validated US phone number that can be ported to RingTo.  If you already have a RingTo number, you may use this as well. You will also need to purchase an integrated E911 service from Anveo available inside the RingTo offer area of the OBiTALK Approved Service Provider web page.  The E911 service cost is $12 per year.  Again, to use the RingTo offer with your new OBi device, you will need to purchase the E911 service offered in conjunction with the RingTo OBiTALK offer only.

Only new OBi devices purchased from Obihai authorized sellers are eligible for the RingTo offer.  Devices purchased from Amazon Warehouse Deals are not new units and will not work for the RingTo offer.

RingTo provides the following service features to OBi device owners:

•   Free SMS
     •   Free Voicemail
     •   Free Call Forwarding
     •   Free calling in North America

Here is what you will need to do to sign-up for RingTo:

STEP 1: Check if your number is eligible to be ported to RingTo.
You can access the RingTo ASP page and use the ‘Check’ tool to confirm your number eligibility. Note that older devices, e.g. devices purchased before May 1st, will not have access to RingTo offer.

STEP 2: Sign-up and configure E911 on your OBi device.
Once your number is eligible for porting, click on the ‘Start E911 Sign-up’ button. This will open up a new window on the Anveo website, where you have the option to choose ‘Basic E911’ for $12/year or ‘E911 with Alerts’ for $15/year.  Once the E911 service payment is approved, your E911 service will automatically be configured on the selected SP service slot selected.  You will be returned to the OBiTALK RingTo offer page where you may proceed to STEP 3.

STEP 3: Configure RingTo.
Select the SP slot where RingTo will be configured and click on the ‘Start RingTo Sign-up” button.  RingTo will automatically be configured on the OBi once porting is complete. Don’t be alarmed when  you see your RingTo status on OBiTALK, as ‘Pending’ since it may take up to 24 hours to complete the porting process. Once porting is complete, a notification email will be sent to you, from RingTo and the OBi device will be configured with its OBiTALK status as Registered.  You can now start making calls!

Important Notice for Google Voice users:
You will need to “unlock” your Google Voice number before you will be able to port it to the RingTo service. Please click HERE for more information on how to unlock your Google Voice number. Note that there is a $3 fee paid to Google to port-out the number and there may be a fee from the VoIP service provider for porting-in the number. The $3 fee is waived for Google Voice user who has previously ported their number to Google Voice. The time it takes for the Google Voice number to be ported to the RingTo service is approximately 24 hours.  The time it takes to port a number from other servcies varies depending on the service provider.

If you have any questions or feedback, please email to info@obihai.com.

Thank you for your support!

Regards,
Obihai Technology
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 04:19:38 pm by Marketing » Logged
LeoKing

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 03:55:42 pm »

Any options for those of us who bought the OBi devices prior to 5/1/2014 to have the Ring.To service?
Marketing
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 04:24:28 pm »

Only units purchased after May 1st are eligible. Units purchased before May 1st can still sign-up for a service e.g. Anveo, Phonepower or OneSuite through OBiTALK Approved Service Provider page.
LeoKing

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 04:34:54 pm »

Only units purchased after May 1st are eligible. Units purchased before May 1st can still sign-up for a service e.g. Anveo, Phonepower or OneSuite through OBiTALK Approved Service Provider page.

Thanks! I am using Groove IP (Ring.To + Google Voice) so I will continue using Ring.To on Groove IP.
Marketing
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 05:23:18 pm »

Both GrooveIP and the OBi will ring at the same time for incoming calls, if you have configured RingTo on the OBi.
HDFLucky

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 05:24:21 pm »

Your original announcement (see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8068.0) simply stated, "You also need to purchase your own 911 service separately." However, that has morphed into, "You will also need to purchase an integrated E911 service from Anveo… ." I meet all the other requirements (purchase date and pre-existing ring.to number) and already have E911 on my OBi202 via Phonepower. I certainly don't need two 911 subscriptions, and was patiently waiting for this service to be turned on. It now seems that the rules for entry have been changed. Was this an oversight or is this just how it is?
OBoy

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 07:50:05 pm »

Will the obligatory "integrated" E911 service require its own Service Provider slot on the OBi device, e.g., SP1 for ring.to and SP2 for Anveo E911?
LeoKing

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 09:01:32 pm »

Both GrooveIP and the OBi will ring at the same time for incoming calls, if you have configured RingTo on the OBi.

I own 2 OBi110's and I am not going to purchase any new OBi boxes just to use the Ring.To service on the OBi. Groove IP still has some bugs but I believe the developer will fix the bugs in the future updates (it's getting better & better now).
HDFLucky

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 08:18:49 am »

Quote from: OBoy
Will the obligatory "integrated" E911 service require its own Service Provider slot on the OBi device, e.g., SP1 for ring.to and SP2 for Anveo E911?
It appears the answer is YES. I attempted to add ring.to on sp3 of my OBi202, and at step 2 of the sign-up process you have to either sign-up for new Anveo 911 or associate an existing Anveo 911 account; it defaulted the 911 account to sp4. I couldn't proceed further, because I'm not going to pay for something I already have, just to get this so-called "free" ring.to service, which I was only intending to use as an overflow/backup choice in a trunk group.

Let's see what the OP has to say about this.
Schmoo

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2014, 07:55:29 pm »

I'm a newb to my Obi200, so please be patient.  I was comparing the Obitalk Approved Service Providers, and have a question about RingTo.  Under Details, Incoming CallerID Number is included, but Incoming CallerID Name says "None".  Does this mean incoming calls on my callerID display will only list the number, without the name?  Thanks!
ceg3

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2014, 07:47:25 am »

I'm a newb to my Obi200, so please be patient.  I was comparing the Obitalk Approved Service Providers, and have a question about RingTo.  Under Details, Incoming CallerID Number is included, but Incoming CallerID Name says "None".  Does this mean incoming calls on my callerID display will only list the number, without the name?  Thanks!
I believe that would be a yes on the name not being delivered, just as Google Voice didn't/doesn't include the name.
mellaby

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2014, 10:07:22 pm »

Marketing I have a GIP (RingTo) number that works on my Nexus 7 and a OBi with Google Voice. How do you configure RingTo the OBi?
giqcass
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 04:19:54 am »

I'm a newb to my Obi200, so please be patient.  I was comparing the Obitalk Approved Service Providers, and have a question about RingTo.  Under Details, Incoming CallerID Number is included, but Incoming CallerID Name says "None".  Does this mean incoming calls on my callerID display will only list the number, without the name?  Thanks!

Caller ID name has been suggested on the Ring.to website.  It has not been added yet but they may add popular requested features in the future.  Please go there(direct link included below) and vote for the suggestion to show support.  Hopefully they will implement it in some fashion.  Till then you can use the forward to Callcentric hack to get names just like we always did for Google voice.
https://bandwidth.uservoice.com/forums/172463-feature-requests-improvements/suggestions/5941106-cnam-caller-id-w-name-lookup
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:22:47 am by giqcass » Logged

Register at e164.org and friends can use Sipbroker to call you from a regular telephone for free from almost any country.
DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
Marketing
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2014, 02:26:00 pm »

Marketing I have a GIP (RingTo) number that works on my Nexus 7 and a OBi with Google Voice. How do you configure RingTo the OBi?

If you already have a RingTo number, log in to your OBiTALK account --> click on Approved Service Provider --> RingTo  and check if your number is eligible (Step 1). If number is eligible, continue with your Anveo E911 service sign-up (Step 2) and click on “Restore RingTo Account” (Step 3). RingTo account will automatically be configured on the OBi device.
ceg3

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 05:40:06 pm »

It would be interesting to me to hear from new ring.to sign ups about their positive or negative experience.
deimzig

« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2014, 01:20:29 pm »

In step 2 when I sign in to my Anveo account I get an error message : Your account does not have eligible service activated.
I have Anveo E911, so I'm confused.
srthimsen

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 06:00:55 pm »

In step 2 when I sign in to my Anveo account I get an error message : Your account does not have eligible service activated.

I get the exact same thing. Really frustrating.
ceg3

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2014, 08:47:06 am »

Did you set up a new E911 account when you signed up or was it an existing account?  I don't really know, but I think this service is about generating revenue from new OBi sales and a new Anveo account.  Maybe RingTo is getting some of that pie.
ChrisP

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2014, 06:33:35 am »

I'm getting the same "Your account does not have eligible service activated."  I've opened a ticket with Anveo so hopefully I'll hear something soon.
Marc

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2014, 06:18:13 pm »

Before anyone signs up for this, make sure you read the fine print.  I was trying to figure out a way around the BS of forcing Anveo on people and saw this:

Not that many people call 911 that often, but do you really want to find out the hard way that your 3 year old dialed 911 6 times?

As an Emergency Medical Dispatcher, I find this limitation despicable, at best.

OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi202 x 14, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 3
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: