News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Voip.ms accounts on Obi 202

Started by johnrandolph, June 16, 2014, 05:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrandolph

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, but I set up two voip.ms accounts using the sub account feature at voip.ms.

I have one account on SP2 and one is on SP4.

Both are showing as being registered at voip.ms and on the Obi 202.

Both seem to work fine with one exception.

Even though I set up both accounts on the Obi 202 to use seven digit dialing, only the account on SP2 actually can use the seven digit dialing.

The account on SP4 gives me an error message with the reason being 484.  I have to use ten digit dialing to get around this error message.

The other two accounts on the Obi, one a GV and one is a PP account, can dial out using seven digits without any error messages.

Any idea as to why I get the error message with the one voip.ms account when I try to dial out using seven digits?  Is there a setting in the "expert configuration" area that I need to set ?

Thanks...

HDFLucky

It's easy to overlook hitting the Submit button before changing screens. Go into Expert menu > Service Providers, then compare the DigitMap in ITSP Profile B General with the one in ITSP Profile D General ("B" and "D" correspond to sp2 and sp4, respectively). Are they the same? If not, make sp4 match sp2 (and remember the Submit button!). There is also a possibility that the DigitMap in Physical Devices has a difference, but that is unlikely if you haven't been in the Expert menu yet; sp2 and sp4 will be referred to there as "Msp2" and "Msp4."

johnrandolph

Thank you, HDFLucky.

The digitmaps are definitely different.

Couple questions.  The voip.ms account set up on SP2 is the main account for outgoing calls and it is also the account to call out using 911 services.  So, would I still set both accounts up identical?  Doubtful?

Also, stupid question, how do you expand that box, that the digitmaps are in, in order to see the entire string?

Maybe I just need to add my area code to the one digitmap?

Why didn't this set things up automatically when I selected seven digit dialing in the original set up procedure?

I added my area code, but that didn't seem to work.

Thank you for your help.

HDFLucky

Quote from: johnrandolph on June 16, 2014, 06:52:47 PM
The digitmaps are definitely different.

Couple questions.  The voip.ms account set up on SP2 is the main account for outgoing calls and it is also the account to call out using 911 services.  So, would I still set both accounts up identical?  Doubtful?

Also, stupid question, how do you expand that box, that the digitmaps are in, in order to see the entire string?

Maybe I just need to add my area code to the one digitmap?

Why didn't this set things up automatically when I selected seven digit dialing in the original set up procedure?

I added my area code, but that didn't seem to work.

Thank you for your help.
1. Actually, they would be the same. Default 911 handling is handled in the Phone port OutboundCallRoute.
2. You're right, that's a shortcoming. They should have used an HTML combo box instead of a fixed-length text box. What I usually do is copy/paste into an editor (i.e., if you're using a pc, click anywhere in the box then Ctrl-A to select, Ctrl-C to copy, Ctrl-V to paste into your text editor).

Dunno about the rest. Can you post your two DigitMaps here?

johnrandolph

Thanks again HDFLucky,

Now I can't call out with either voip.ms account using seven digit dialing, and as far as I know, I didn't change anything.  I do notice that in the digitmap string in the account that was able to call out yesterday, my area code has some how disappeared.  That's probably why I can't dial out today using seven digits. 

How would that area code number suddenly disappear?  The other voip.ms account doesn't have my area code in the string either, so I can understand why that account isn't able to use seven digits to dial out.

I followed your advice on how to see the entire string by copying and pasting into an editor and this is the results.  I hope I did it correctly.  Also, I'm a little puzzled why 911 is listed under the voip.ms account on SP4 when SP2 is supposed to be the account that uses 911. 

Could you please check that for me.

If I did this right:

SP2:  The account that is the primary account to call out from and also the account that calls 911.  It used to be able to dial out using seven digits, now I'm getting the 484 error code.

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

SP4:  The newest voip.ms account created yesterday. 

(*xx.|911|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Thanks.

johnrandolph

OK,  I think I figured out my problems with using seven digit dialing.

As of now, I can use seven digit dialing successfully with both voip.ms accounts.

In the expert configuration area where you find the digitmaps, there are two boxes to the right of the digitmaps.

One box is: Device Default and the other box is: Obi Talk Settings.

In order to access the digitmaps I had to uncheck both boxes.  I then copied both digitmaps and input them in my prior post to this one.

Funny thing though, once I rechecked the box: Obi Talk Settings, the digitmaps changed from what I had copied and pasted earlier.   The area code was now showing in both voip.ms accounts and it seems that seven digit dialing is now working fine on both accounts.

Not sure about the 911 issue.  I guess I need to set up a time to test it somehow.

Thanks....

HDFLucky

Glad you got it working. FYI, in case you have a 10 second delay in any of your usual dialing scenarios, delete the "|xx." at the end of your digitmaps. Enjoy!