News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

idea of "follow me"

Started by haiml, May 06, 2011, 01:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haiml

I have obi110, no landline
sp1 - GV
sp2- nothing

Here is what I want to achieve:
when somebody calls GV number , obi will ring ( let say) 5 rings, if nobody picking up, forward to my cell phone ( or another Gv number)
under voice settings for SP1
I set:
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable  - checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber  - my cellphone number
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount -5

what happen, when somebody call GV number, after 5 rings google voicemail is answering and in same time my cellphone rings and after 1 ring shows missed call.
what I am doing wrong
thanks

RonR

You're not doing anything wrong.

Google Voice unconditionally goes to voicemail after 25 seconds.  Unfortunately, there's no way to change it.

You could try lesser rings on the Call Forward On No Answer, but Google Voice has a pretty short fuse.

haiml

thanks for quick answer.

Another idea:
Is it possible for OBI110 to actually answer line ( so google voicemail, will think that call is answered), hold line for 10-20 second , while forwarding call to my cell phone?
thx

RonR

BTW, you can use *62 to enable and set the Call Forward On No Answer Number and *63 to disable it.

I use this when I go out to forward all incoming calls to my cell phone.  I have the number of rings set to two (default).  This gives me a little time to answer the call on my cell phone or answer it at home if I'm not out of the house yet or forgot to dial *63 when I returned.

RonR

Quote from: haiml on May 06, 2011, 02:06:37 PMAnother idea:
Is it possible for OBI110 to actually answer line ( so google voicemail, will think that call is answered), hold line for 10-20 second , while forwarding call to my cell phone?

Not that I'm aware of.

k6kbm

Can AA answer and transfer a call to a number like my cell phone and aa can say "wait while transfer your call" to the caller so the caller know that call was answered.

QBZappy

k6kbm,

I have heard the OBi play music when the call is being transferred. I have not been on the waiting end of a call lately, I assume it still gives you that music cue giving notice that the call was answered.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.