News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Successful VM operation with GV Forwarded to Phonepower number?

Started by DaveSwartz, June 24, 2014, 04:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveSwartz

I have switched to Phonepower by forwarding my GV number to the new Phonepower number and spoofing the outgoing CID to the GV number.  SP1 still has GV configured with VM notification enabled. SP2 has Phonepower configured as the default for outgoing calls. Incoming and outgoing calls are fine but I have not found a configuration that offers full VM functioning without complication.

I can set long ring times for Phonepower to force that unanswered or busy calls go to GV VM and have both unanswered and busy calls successfully route to GV VM but there is no VM notification registered for either. 

If I shorten the Phonepower ring time, I can use Phonepower VM for unanswered calls but busy calls still route to GV VM (but Phonepower VM will have an empty VM call registered as we'll). In this case I do have VM notification working correctly.

Does anyone have a Phonepower configuration consistently working for VM of both unanswered and busy calls?

Taoman

It makes sense (to me) to use GV's voicemail if you're going to be forwarding to PP. Otherwise you have to configure the PP voicemail pickup time to be less than 25 seconds which is too short, IMHO.

It has been reported in this forum that someone having the same configuration as yours was receiving the VM indication via their Google trunk connection. If your Google Voice line is working correctly and you receive a GV voicemail the MWI should be triggered on your phone. As long as Google continues to support XMPP the VM notification should work. I would be checking my MWI settings for my Google Voice trunk.

I don't have an SP trunk available to configure Google Voice on again. But I almost always have a smartphone nearby and I'm immediately notified via text and email of any call or voicemail left for me.

There is also the issue of trying to access your GV voicemail via an Obi connected phone that is spoofing the outgoing CID with their GV number. Doesn't work the majority of the time. But if you're calling GV voicemail via your Google Voice line it shouldn't be a problem.