News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where to find Obi100 firewall settings?

Started by j4uames, June 27, 2014, 09:46:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j4uames

Obi100 connected phone rings frequently but there is no answer when picked it up. Voip.ms suggests a solution in Obi100 firewall setting. But don't know where to get to it?

Or any one help w/ other solutions?

drgeoff

There is no firewall in the OBi100.

There is frequently a firewall in your router but sometimes it isn't called that.  More likely your router has a configuration page or pages for "Port Forwarding".  What router do you have?

However it isn't exactly clear what your problem is.  If every time the phone rings you hear no audio then this firewall/port forwarding stuff may be relevant.  But if you mean that only some times when the phone rings and you pick up you hear nothing, you are probably experiencing SIP scanning.  There are methods to mitigate that. See eg http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.0.

j4uames

Thanks drgeoff,

Here is what I got from Voip.ms for their solution:

You can also change your Obi Firewall Setting X_InboundCallRoute to : {(?|x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.|anon@@.):}, ph
This will only allow 7 digit or greater numbers through.

So do they mean OBI100>Voice Services>> SP1 Service>> X_InboundCallRoute?

drgeoff

Yes, that is what they mean.  It is one of the methods in the thread I linked to about combatting SIP scanners.

But I think most people here prefer the 'Oleg' method.

Mango

To be technically accurate, VoIP.ms is incorrect by calling X_InboundCallRoute a firewall.  A better solution is the one(s) in the link that drgeoff posted.  I like a combination of methods 0, 2, and 4.

If you have configured your router to forward ports or DMZ to your OBi, you should remove that unless it won't work any other way.