News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiApp for PC

Started by tkc9789, May 07, 2011, 01:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tkc9789

Can more than one OBiApp be connected to the same OBITalk number concurrently?  I've configured OBIAPP on me and my wife's PC.  I got bumped every time she tries to use her laptop to make a call.  It'll be nice if we can both stay connected the same time. 

ckleea

Not possible at the moment.

jimates

i'm not sure how this works because the second Obitalk number is not assigned a default gateway. But I have this setup and it does work. If it doesn't work for you let me know and I will find a solution. I have my suspisions.

sign up for a second Obitalk account and get another Obitalk number for the second pc. You don't need to add a device to the account and you don't have to use a gmail address.

Set up the Obion on the second pc using the new Obitalk number. (you will have to uninstall the Obion app; and reinstall using the new username and password)  

Do you want to use the same service for outgoing calls for both pc's, or maybe 2 different google voice accounts set up on your Obi.

If you already had the Obi as the default gateway for the first Obitalk number your
Obitalk Service > InboundCallRoute         might look like this

{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

add the second Obitalk number to the route like this
{(290aaaaaa)>(xx.):SP1},{(290bbbbbb)>(xx.):SPX},{(290aaaaaa|290bbbbbb):aa},{ph}

Set the SPX for whatever service you want to use for calls from the second pc - sp1 or sp2 (or li if you have service on the LINE)

Both Obitalk numbers will act the same, and you can direct dial from both using 10 digits. If you call the number for the Obi itself your calls will be answered by the auto attendant. Actually you can just dial # to reach the attendant.

I didn't test speed dial, but I guess both will act the same for that also.

And you can call her laptop from your pc by dialing **9 + her 9 digit Obitalk number

outgoing calls from your pc will carry the caller id of the service used from the Obi. So if you set up 2 google voice accounts and set pc #2 to use sp2, both pc's will have their own google voice number used for their respective caller ids.

you could do the route like this if they both use the same service
{(290212910|290175780)>(xx.):SP1},{(290212910|290175780):aa},{ph}
I just separated the two numbers to make it easier to set them for different providers, now or later.

tkc9789

Quote from: jimates on May 09, 2011, 08:51:02 PM

If you already had the Obi as the default gateway for the first Obitalk number your
Obitalk Service > InboundCallRoute         might look like this

{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

add the second Obitalk number to the route like this
{(290aaaaaa)>(xx.):SP1},{(290bbbbbb)>(xx.):SPX},{(290aaaaaa|290bbbbbb):aa},{ph}

Set the SPX for whatever service you want to use for calls from the second pc - sp1 or sp2 (or li if you have service on the LINE)

you could do the route like this if they both use the same service
{(290212910|290175780)>(xx.):SP1},{(290212910|290175780):aa},{ph}
I just separated the two numbers to make it easier to set them for different providers, now or later.

I've setup a new OBiTalk number for my wife and setup the AA call route as described.  Tried calling the OBi110.  Got a ring no answer.  Call logs shows the call coming in as 290xxxxxx.  What can be causing the issue? 

tkc9789

I got it figured out.  I had to setup OBiTalk as Primay in AA.  Thank you for the great idea.

jimates

I tried something today to confirm my theory.

I set up a new Obitalk account and added a Obi110 to it. I then set the Obi110 as the default gateway for the Obitalk softphone. I set up a google account on Sp2. Then I removed the Obi110 from the account.

I set up another new Obitalk account and added the same Obi110 to it. Then I set the Obi110 as the default gateway for the Obitalk softphone in the 2nd account. I set up 2 google voice accounts on SP1 & SP2. SP1 as default line.

My new Obitalk Service InboundCallRoute looked like this {(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290xxxxxx):aa},{ph}

10 digit dialing from the Android app for the 2nd Obitalk # worked great, and calls go out on SP1

I then edited the Obitalk Service InboundCallRoute. I added a rule for the Obitalk softphone # from the 1st Obitalk account, to use SP2.

{(290xxxxxx)>(xx.):SP1},{(290yyyyyy)>(xx.):SP2},{(290xxxxxx|290yyyyyy):ph},{ph}

10 diigit dialing from the iPhone app for the 1st Obitalk number works great also, and calls go out on SP2

So my kids now have one Obi110 with 2 google voice accounts. And 2 Obion apps, both with direct dialing through the same gateway.

Now, if they would just fix the caller id pass through for the Obitalk Service.

Note: I also edited the "aa" to "ph" in the call route so all calls from the 2 apps ring the phone instead of the auto attendant.

GregoryZ

For anyone reading the above from Jimates; He perfected it in the following thread:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3550.msg23803#msg23803 

-G 
OBi100, OBi110, OBi200, OBi202