News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink issues forwarding and call quality

Started by xboxhaxorz, July 02, 2014, 08:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xboxhaxorz

Every now and then my google voice tab will tell me that i missed some calls, also i will get a vm every now and then from GV meaning vestalink is not catching all the calls

Recently though i have had several calls where people can not understand me, i think its time to say this service while cheap is not suitable from a reliability standpoint

highgrade

ceg3

Quote from: xboxhaxorz on July 02, 2014, 08:23:11 PM
Every now and then my google voice tab will tell me that i missed some calls, also i will get a vm every now and then from GV meaning vestalink is not catching all the calls

Recently though i have had several calls where people can not understand me, i think its time to say this service while cheap is not suitable from a reliability standpoint

Do you have a separate Vestalink number, also?  If so, how is it working?

Also, you might think about posting in the Vestalink forum.  http://forum.vestalink.com/

TonyTib

I'm not sure it's a VestaLink issue; occasionally I've seen something similar on my GV number that's forwarded to VL:
phone rings
phone's answering machine picks up
while answering machine is saying its message GV voicemail picks up

In my opinion, GV shouldn't put the message to voice mail after the answering machine has picked up.  Any suggestions?  Anyway to increase the time before GV picks up?

As I've noted before, overall VL has been good for me.

--Tony

gettilee

i jumped the gun and switched over to vestalink after the may google voice scare and have these same issues. googevoice likes to pick up before the answer machine sometimes. the google voice number isn't available to port to vestalink because they can't provide 911 service (so they say, but the number vestlink gave me is actually further away from where i live than the google voice number, and they consider that 911 support. go figure)

i'm sure the easiest way to do this is to just port the google voice number which i planned on and avoid call forwarding completely as i suspect thats the issue. the number isn't forwarded fast enough to vestalink or such and thats the problem.

anyone else have this issue or found a work around?

cluckercreek

Quote from: gettilee on July 07, 2014, 05:57:20 PM
i jumped the gun and switched over to vestalink after the may google voice scare and have these same issues. googevoice likes to pick up before the answer machine sometimes. the google voice number isn't available to port to vestalink because they can't provide 911 service (so they say, but the number vestlink gave me is actually further away from where i live than the google voice number, and they consider that 911 support. go figure)

i'm sure the easiest way to do this is to just port the google voice number which i planned on and avoid call forwarding completely as i suspect thats the issue. the number isn't forwarded fast enough to vestalink or such and thats the problem.

anyone else have this issue or found a work around?
/quote]

Go into the Google settings and make sure the number used to forward is NOT set to "mobile".  Also adjust your time in the Vestalink settings for voicemail to pick up quicker.

gettilee

thanks for the reply, trying to avoid using vestalink voicemail. set all this up for my mother who is not tech savey, answering machine would be best for her.

if i have to i can always go back to google voicemail since her cordless phone does support it. but i'd really rather get the number ported and be done with google voice. the outgoing call quality is noticeably better than the forwarded incoming through google voice.