News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202/OBiLine outgoing call using PSTN line - ring delay

Started by yvr007, July 11, 2014, 04:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yvr007

Is there a setting (instead of having to press ## each time) to enable an outgoing call (via the landline phone already configured as the phone port of choice to make outgoing calls) without a 10-15 second delay that occurs before hearing ringing of the dialled phone. I experience no such delay when using the other phone port with a VOIP.ms number to place an outgoing call.
Thank you.

azrobert

I'm not sure I understand your problem.

When you dial ## you don't get the delay. Correct?
Are you dialing the **70 prefix when you get the delay?

I don't own an OBi202. Assuming VOIP.ms is on SP1 please post the following:
Service Provider -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap

The delay is usually caused by a rule like "xx.".
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.) is the default Line Port DigitMap for an OBi110.
Try (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx)

What are the formats of the numbers you are dialing for SP1 and Line?
If the dialed numbers are unique for the Line port you can configure the OBi202 where you don't need a prefix to route calls to the line port.
Example:
11 digit numbers and international calls routed to SP1.
7 and 10 digit numbers routed to Line.
You can automatically add "1" prefix if needed.

yvr007

Hi,

The 15 second delay when dialling out, without any prefix, occurs with the landline number only, not the VOIP.ms number.
If I first dial ## I don't get a delay.
If I dial **70 I still get the delay.
I'm mostly dialling within two of the Vancouver BC area codes (604, 778).

Phone 1 is VOIP.ms (SP1).
Phone 2 is PSTN landline.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap =
*75xx|*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

For phone 1:
PhysicalInterfaces/Phone1/DigitMap =
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

PhysicalInterfaces/Phone1/OutboundCallRoute =
{911:li},{933:li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

For phone 2:
PhysicalInterfaces/Phone2/DigitMap =
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

PhysicalInterfaces/Phone2/OutboundCallRoute =
911:li},{933:li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Not sure what to change in the above settings. Or would there be some setting in Physical Interfaces/Line/LINE Port, such as the parameter "DialDelay" (currently blank).

Thanks

azrobert

You have SP1 as the Primary Route for Phone 1.
You have Line as the primary Route for Phone 2.
Is the above correct?

Are you dialing 10 or 11 digits for area codes 604 or 778?
You did not post the Line Port DigitMap.
On the OBi110 it's under Physical Interfaces.

From my previous post:
QuoteThe delay is usually caused by a rule like "xx.".
(xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.) is the default Line Port DigitMap for an OBi110.
Try (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx)

xx. will match 1 or more digits.
When you dial 6045551212 the OBi202 doesn't know if you will dial additional digits, so it waits.
That is why I suggested removing it.

Do you want to be able to route 604 and 778 numbers from Phone 1 to the Line Port without a prefix?

yvr007

Yes, you are corrrect about the routing.

I was dialling 10 digits for the area codes.
If I add a "1" (for North America), the VOIP.ms-placed call still goes through promptly with the OBi202, but the landline-placed call (Port 2) now gives the classic PSTN message that "The number you have dialled cannot be completed as dialled".

As for PhysicalInterfaces/LINE/LinePort/Digitmap setting, it has no value. The ObiTALK Settings box is ticked. If I un-tick it, then the Device Default box gets ticked.

I do not want to route 604 and 778 numbers from Phone 1 (VOIP.ms) via the landline (Phone 2), because I want to evaluate the quality of VOIP calls before porting my landline number to VOIP service.

Also, I've noticed that a corded phone or DECT6 cordless work fine, but a 5.8GHz cordless set acts funny. Is this a known issue? Vaguely remember reading somewhere that DECT6 is the way to go with VOIP services.

Thank you

azrobert

Do you have PSTN set as the Primary Line for Phone2?

You said:
QuoteAs for PhysicalInterfaces/LINE/LinePort/Digitmap setting, it has no value. The ObiTALK Settings box is ticked. If I un-tick it, then the Device Default box gets ticked.

I don't have an OBi202 nor do I configure my OBi thru OBiTalk.
I think you also have to untick the Device Default box.

If that fails set the following.
For phone 2:
PhysicalInterfaces/Phone2/DigitMap =
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|xxxxxxxxxx)

PhysicalInterfaces/Phone2/OutboundCallRoute =
911:li},{933:li},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph1},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(xxxxxxxxxx):li}

I changed the last rule in both DigitMap and outbound route.

The Phone DigitMap verifies the dialed number. This is where the delay is introduced. Mpli points to the primary route DigitMap, so all the rules in the primary route's DigitMap is included in the Phone Port DigitMap. I replaced it with a rule that verifies 10 digits.

Same in the outbound route. pli points to the primary Line. I changed it to check for 10 digits and route the call to the Line Port.

You should also be getting a delay on Phone1, because it contains "xx.".
This is how it works (I think):
If the DigitMap contains "xx." there will be a 3 or 10 second delay.
If the dialed number matches a rule other than "xx." there will be a 3 second delay.
If it only matches "xx." there will be a 10 second delay.
The Line DigitMap doesn't have a rule that exactly matches 10 Digits, therefore 10 second delay.
The ITSP A DigitMap contains rules that match 10 or 11 digits, so you should have a 3 second delay.
If you remove "xx." from the ITSP A DigitMap the call should be routed without any delay.

yvr007

Yes, PSTN is the primary in/out line for phone 2, though both phone lines end up ringing with inbound calls.
I will give these revised settings a try.
Thank you!

yvr007

Made the changes and tested calling to/from both the landline and VOIP. The outbound delay from the landline is no more! However, now inbound calls to the landline continue to ring even when the caller has hung up. Not sure how to rectify this outcome ☹

azrobert

None of the changes you made should affect inbound calls.

There is a 4 second delay before the phone starts ringing on inbound PSTN calls, so you might get 1 extra ring after the caller hangs up.
The callerid is transmitted between the first and second ring on PSTN calls.
The OBi needs the delay to acquire the callerid.
You can set the delay to zero if you are not using the callerid to process the call (like blocking calls by callerid). The callerid might not show on your phone until the 2nd ring. Even when set to zero there is still about a 1 second delay.

The parm is found:
Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> RingDelay
The default is 4000 milliseconds.