News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Auto attendant not working, won't answer

Started by rastoma, July 13, 2014, 08:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rastoma

I really hate asking what seems like a simple questions, but I can't get AA to answer.  I have tried every combination possible for my number in trusted callers.  I'm wanting to have my cell phone as a trusted caller.  I have tried a check mark and match and with out.  I have checked the call logs in the device itself by logging in using the local IP of the device.  My number is being registered there.  The phone does ring.

Now I should have started with, that I could get AA to work when I was GV.  I ported my GV number to ring.to, and since then, I cannot get AA to answer.

I have reset my device to factory defaults and re-setup everything again.... didn't make a difference.

Something so simple is just driving me crazy :)  What else can I try?

azrobert

I never used Truster Caller. I also never used OBiTalk to update my OBi. I log directly into my OBi via the Web interface to configure it, so I hope what I tell you is accurate.

When you add a number to the trusted Caller List, OBiTalk updates the OBi configuration for you.
You can configure your OBi without using Trusted Caller.
Via OBi Expert go to:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute
The default is: ph
Change it to: {(1?4805551212):aa},{ph}

The above assumes your provider is on SP1.
Change 4805551212 to your cell's callerid.
The 1? will match the callerid with or without a "1" prefix.

HDFLucky

I've done it both ways, and the above info is absolutely correct. The only difference is that the Trusted Caller mechanism creates {(x.4805551212):aa},{ph} (if you do not check the box for "Match"), which is slightly less precise.

rastoma

Thank you both.  There was the entry that trusted caller entered with the x. (and my cell number).

I changed it through the advanced configuration to {(1?4805551212):aa},{ph} which is on SP2 btw.  I'm using ring.to and have anveo911 on SP1 and changed the number to my cell number.  Phone just rings and ring.to voicemail picks up eventually.  AA still won't answer.  I've tried a different cell number as well and it won't answer when calling from that number either.

HDFLucky

Hmm, have you used OBi Expert mode to make changes to DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute in Voice Service > Auto Attendant? If so, post what you have now.

azrobert

Check the call history again and make sure the callerid (Peer Number) is correct.
This is probably a dumb question, but is the call coming in on SP2?
Terminal ID in the call history will be SP2.
For a test to see if the Auto Attendant is working change the SP2 InboundCallRoute to {aa}

rastoma

Quote from: HDFLucky on July 14, 2014, 07:42:06 PM
Hmm, have you used OBi Expert mode to make changes to DigitMap or OutboundCallRoute in Voice Service > Auto Attendant? If so, post what you have now.

I haven't touched any other settings anywhere.  I even reset the obi box (100) to default, deleted my ring.to account in obitalk dashboard, and added it back again.  I just did that last night and since then the only option touched any where is the suggested info in X_InboundCallRoute.  Well, I first tried trusted caller option and then tried the custom entry in advanced settings.

I just figured out how to get it to answer but I wish I could get it work as it should.  I logged into my ring.to account and forwarded calls to the cell phone that I wanted to use to access AA.  So now when I call the ring.to number from my cell, AA immediately answers and asks me to enter a phone number to dial.  So I entered the wife's cell number and the ring.to number does show up on the CID which is what I ultimately was needing to do.

Doesn't AA give other options too or by default does it just immediately ask what number I want to call?

Again, it would be nice to know why a trusted caller (or even when using expert settings), doesn't reach the AA.  I would really like to be able to access the dashboard if I'm out of town and change or add a trusted caller.

Thank you for your time in helping... if I can provide other details from my account still (even though everything is default otherwise), please let me know and I will get you the information.

rastoma

Quote from: azrobert on July 14, 2014, 07:45:25 PM
Check the call history again and make sure the callerid (Peer Number) is correct.
This is probably a dumb question, but is the call coming in on SP2?
Terminal ID in the call history will be SP2.
For a test to see if the Auto Attendant is working change the SP2 InboundCallRoute to {aa}

I checked the call history by logging into the device directly using my local IP.  It does show terminal ID is SP2 which is correct; ring.to is on SP2 and anveo911 is on SP1.

I entered {aa} as instructed.  AA did answer!!!  YEAH!!! :)  And it's a different AA than I get when calling from my cell phone while the number is forwarded to the same cell.  I guess ring.to has their own AA that I didn't know about.  It's a female voice that just says to enter phone number to call.

With {aa}, I got a male voice that gave 3 options, 1 to continue with call... and I already forgot 2 and 3 LOL.

But what was interesting, the destination phone rang one time (not a ring that I hear on the phone I'm using, but it actually rang on the destination phone), and then AA answered.  Is that normal?  I thought AA would answer immediately before ringing the phone.

So.. hope I'm not confusing you.... but yes AA works with {aa}... how can it not work with a specific number?

rastoma

There are you red ! next X_ServProvProfile, X_RingProfile, X_CodecProfile and X_InboundCallRoute. 

It shows a red ! whether I have check mark next to use Obitalk settings or not.  Is that normal?

azrobert

The OBi AA always gives you three options, so I think you are getting a different AA when you forward the call. This sounds more like GV. GV has a female voice and the prompt is something like "You have no new calls. Enter 2 to make a new call......".

Try X_InboundCallRoute: {(@.4805551212@.):aa},{ph}

I'm guessing here. Maybe there is a blank before or after the callerid. @ will match almost everything.

rastoma

Quote from: azrobert on July 14, 2014, 08:26:32 PM
The OBi AA always gives you three options, so I think you are getting a different AA when you forward the call. This sounds more like GV. GV has a female voice and the prompt is something like "You have no new calls. Enter 2 to make a new call......".

The AA I get when I forward my ring.to number to my cell and then call that same number from the cell is an AA from ring.to.  It says to enter the number you would like to call from your 'ring.to' number.  Basically it performs the same function I'm trying to do with the Obi AA.  I need to return calls using my voip number as the caller ID.  It just bugs me when something that should work doesn't :)

Try X_InboundCallRoute: {(@.4805551212@.):aa},{ph}

I'm guessing here. Maybe there is a blank before or after the callerid. @ will match almost everything.

Unfortunately that didn't work either (yes I substituted my 10 digit phone number).  So far {aa} is the only option that will make the Obi AA answer but of course I don't need every caller to reach the AA :)

I submitted a ticket to ring.to.  Since it's still fairly recent that they have offered service a preferred provider through Obitalk, I asked them has there been any other reports of ring.to users having trouble with the Obi AA.  Call log does show my cell number correctly (with a 1 in the front so it's 11 digits).  Obi is seeing my number so it just doesn't make any sense that it's not triggering AA.

HDFLucky

The ! just indicates that you have something other than the OBi default stored - perfectly normal.

As to why axrobert's suggestion did not work... at the risk of asking a dumb question, are you sure you modified the  X_InboundCallRoute for sp2, and you remembered to click Submit, and waited for the box to reboot before testing?

azrobert

QuoteBut what was interesting, the destination phone rang one time (not a ring that I hear on the phone I'm using, but it actually rang on the destination phone), and then AA answered.  Is that normal?  I thought AA would answer immediately before ringing the phone.

No, this is not normal. The phone should not ring.

This probably won't work but try it anyway:
{14805551212:aa},{ph}

rastoma

Quote from: HDFLucky on July 14, 2014, 09:22:33 PM
As to why axrobert's suggestion did not work... at the risk of asking a dumb question, are you sure you modified the  X_InboundCallRoute for sp2, and you remembered to click Submit, and waited for the box to reboot before testing?

No dumb question here, because this is crazy :)  And I appreciate all the effort both of you are making.

Yes I have double checked that I am using the X_InboundCallRoute for SP2.  I scroll to the bottom and click on Submit.  Now I have not rebooted the box when trying these.  Does clicking submit reboot the box or am I supposed to reboot manually?  The {aa} worked without me clicking on reboot afterward so I have only been clicking Submit thus far.

HDFLucky

This is a challenging one all right! I don't if your 100 is different, and it's probably moot at this point, but here's how it works in my OBi202 using Expert mode:

• 10 seconds after clicking Submit, power light starts flashing
  • 6 seconds after power is back on solid, the phone lights flash 3 times
  • 3 seconds after the phone lights are back on solid, reboot is complete and dial tone restored

In any event, power cycling (i.e., pull the plug for ~10 seconds) accomplishes the same thing. If you are making all changes within the Expert menu (IOW, not making some changes directly via the local ip), then I'm out of ideas... but at least my post will bring your thread to the top, where it will be seen by the heavy hitters on here :)

I don't remember who wrote it, but it was someone whose opinion here I respect, that these units can sometimes get into a state that simply can't be explained by the settings (which look totally correct, as they do in this case). But deleting everything, factory resetting, and then putting everything back fixes it. I'm not expert enough to say we are at that point, but I think we're getting close. ;)

rastoma

Quote from: azrobert on July 14, 2014, 09:26:51 PM
This probably won't work but try it anyway:
{14805551212:aa},{ph}

No, tried that, didn't work :(

rastoma

Quote from: HDFLucky on July 15, 2014, 09:16:18 AM
If you are making all changes within the Expert menu (IOW, not making some changes directly via the local ip),

Yes, I have tried multiple ways.  Doing all changes in Export mode in the dashboard.  Going back to defaults and then doing all changes directly via the local IP.  Nothing works except for {aa}.  Either in expert mode or via local IP, {aa} works every time for all incoming calls.

Quote from: HDFLucky on July 15, 2014, 09:16:18 AM
I don't remember who wrote it, but it was someone whose opinion here I respect, that these units can sometimes get into a state that simply can't be explained by the settings (which look totally correct, as they do in this case). But deleting everything, factory resetting, and then putting everything back fixes it. I'm not expert enough to say we are at that point, but I think we're getting close. ;)

Well, I did click on Reset Configuration under System Management when logged directly into the device.  That caused me to have to delete SP2 in the Dashboard and setup ring.to again.  I have not used the physical reset  button on the device itself.

I sent ring.to a support email late last night asking how to check call logs in my ring.to account and someone replied not long ago.  Unfortunately the feature to check call logs for SIP clients has not been implemented yet but will soon.  He stated they have not tested Obi's AA.  He asked me for the settings I have been trying and he's going to set one up on his end to see what happens.  I'll let you know what he finds out.

rastoma

I wish I had tried this yesterday instead of wasting a lot of time on getting AA to work while subscribed to ring.to

And thank you very much to hdflucky and azrobert for all your time and help.

So what I did was delete my Obi device from the dashboard.  Reset the Obi100 using the reset button on the bottom of the unit to make sure everything is back to factory default settings.  I readded my device.  Setup anveo911 and ring.to again.  This time I put ring.to on SP1 just for the heck of it to see if it would make a difference.  Nope.  No difference.  {aa} still worked to make AA answer all calls, but no way to get it to answer on just one specified number.

So.... deleted ring.to configuration again.  Configured a previously never used Google Voice number on SP1.  Clicked on trusted caller in the Dashboard, entered my cell number.  And voila!!!  AA answers on just my number now like it's supposed to.

Now I just wait to hear back from ring.to to see how/why my Obi device receives CID correctly showing my cell number when I call my ring.to number, but Obi AA won't answer like it should.

rastoma

Got another reply back from a tech/CSR at ring.to.  BIGGGG thumbs up to ring.to thus far.  I know it's just one support ticket.  But so far I'm impressed at their desire to help me with something that's not really a feature of their own service.

Brad (don't know his last name to give him proper kudos) was able to duplicate this issue on his end.  So it's definitely related to how ring.to is sending CID (I'm assuming it has to be CID related as that is what triggers AA I think).  

Anyway, he's pushing this to the engineering team at ring.to.  He said it will likely be the end of next week before they will be able to start debugging it.  Which is OK.  I do need the feature as it worked before.  And I know their main task is ensuring the core functions... ie sending/receiving calls comes first.  But knowing Brad's quick responses thus far I do feel at ease and believe they will get this sorted.  And I can still get the same functionality using THEIR AA, though I can't press a key to have the call go through anyway in case I need to reach someone on that phone, or have the system do a call back.

All in all, I'm very pleased with ring.to thus far.  Call quality is great and their support thus far is great.  I'm really glad they and Obi teamed up.  I wish I could change this topic to add ring.to in the subject line in case others are having this issue... AND so more people will see my great experience with ring.to thus far.