News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP Scanner hell again

Started by Hortoristic, July 15, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hortoristic

Been some time since I've messed with call strings but I'm being attacked by:
From 'ipphone' SP2(ipphone)

Here is my X_InboundCallRoute (partial):
{(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxxxx|un@@.):},{ph}

Since "ipphone" meets the string setting "xxxxxxx" - it's considered valid, so it rings.

The X_InboundCallRoute has worked for me for years; can I just somehow block any names like "ipphone"?

Sorry for rookie questions; just been awhile.

Hortoristic

I'm taking a shot and testing if this one works:

I think the ipphon@@. part will block anything that begins with ipphone

{(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxxxx|ipphon@@.|un@@.):},{ph}

Hortoristic

Since I was getting a call every 5 minutes and haven't for 15 minutes; I'm guessing my change worked.

Can anyone clarify this is how I block callers too?

Would this change block any calls from: 2534876767
{(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxxxx|ipphon@@.|un@@.|2534876767):},{ph}

Taoman

Who is your provider? Do they have few enough SIP server IP addresses that you can use X_AccessList?

gderf

The 'Oleg Method' would probably be a better approach if it can be used.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Hortoristic

That is a great idea - I'm using free DID from UK https://www.3c.co.uk/ - and they do supply me the two IP's that the call comes from, then I'm also using callcentric which there IP's are easy enough.

For moment I also changed to obscure PORT instead of 5061 - and that is working.

carl

I am a bit surprised that you have that many sip scanner issues, unless you have not made any Obi updates for a very long time. Obihai made some changes which alleviated the problem for most of us.

drgeoff

Quote from: carl on July 15, 2014, 08:56:42 PM
I am a bit surprised that you have that many sip scanner issues, unless you have not made any Obi updates for a very long time. Obihai made some changes which alleviated the problem for most of us.
If you do all your configuring using the device's local web server, then all of Obihai's changes don't make any difference.

rastoma

Quote from: Hortoristic on July 15, 2014, 05:03:44 PM
Since I was getting a call every 5 minutes and haven't for 15 minutes; I'm guessing my change worked.

I'm just curious... what kind of calls are these?  Sales calls?  Prank calls?

ianobi

@ Hortoristic

QuoteCan anyone clarify this is how I block callers too?

Would this change block any calls from: 2534876767
{(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxx|xxxxxx|ipphon@@.|un@@.|2534876767):},{ph}

Yes, that's exactly how it works. Anything that matches any of the rules will be sent to "nowhere" as the terminal has been left blank. The terminal is the part to the right of the colon ": "

"x" only matches digits. "@" matches almost all alphanumeric characters. In the above rule, if you replace every "x" with a "@", then you would block callerIDs such a "test", "test1" etc. "@@@@@@@" would block "ipphone" and any other callerID of seven letters.

Although the Oleg method is the best for everyday use, these other methods are useful where you use your OBi for "through-dialling". If you use single-stage dialling coming in from another device and using the service providers on your OBi, then the Oleg method cannot be used.