News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Conference line dropped

Started by 77obinewbie, July 14, 2014, 06:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

77obinewbie

Sometimes I need to dial into a company conference line for work meeting.  Recently, like since a few weeks ago, as I dial into the conference line, and right after inputting the conference passcode, the line gets dropped.  Other co-workers do not have such problem.  That makes me think that it might be my phone.
I have Obi110 and connected to GV.  I remember months ago I was able to get into the conference successfully.

Any ideas?  Thanks

azrobert

Is the conference number an 800 number?
If the answer is yes, do you have anything defined on SP2?

77obinewbie

No, the conference line is a local number.  There is a 1-800 I can use.  What do I need to set up for SP2?

azrobert

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:
(18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer:
tf.callwithus.com

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: any userid
The userid will show as your callerid

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B

Add to the beginning of Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
{(Msp2):sp2},

All 800 numbers will be routed to SP2. tf.callwithus.com is a free service for 800 numbers. I've had problems calling some 800 numbers with GV. This is how I solved it.

77obinewbie

Thanks for the help.  I thought there is an 1-800 conference line number, but turns out there isn't, just the local numbers.  With the local numbers, after inputting the access code, and hearing the automated message that the access code is being verified, the line is cut.  The access code is correct.  Even if the access code were incorrect, there should be message saying that.  So strange.

azrobert

What happens if you enter an invalid access code?

You can try making the call from a PC via your Gmail account. If it works then the problem is your OBi. If not then it's GV.