News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Stopped getting incoming calls

Started by andbel, July 18, 2014, 02:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andbel

I switched from Google Voice to PhonePower back in May and everything used to work well. Suddenly, I can no longer receive any calls: if I dial my PhonePower number from another phone, all I hear is ringing (in the phone I'm dialing with), but the phone connected to OBi110 does not ring and gives no indication that an incoming call is in progress. I can place outbound calls with no problem, as before. I did not change anything in the OBi, the router (DIR-655) or anything else that I can think of that might affect this.

I contacted OBi support and they suggested the following, and I did all of it:

- Please a loopback call (**0, option 3, #0) - the phone did ring, it it must be working

- Disable SIP ALG in the router (I disabled it even though previously it was working fine with it enabled)

- Add OBi device to the DMZ zone (I did, even though previously it was working fine without being in the DMZ zone)

- Resynchronize the device with PhonePower (did it twice, no effect)

- Of course, I powered both the router and the OBi device on and off after each change, and a couple of times more.

Still the problem persists. OBI support stopped giving me new things to try (I think they don't know what to do either).

Can anyone offer any other idea?

In case it matters, my device is OBi110, it has two steady green lights on, as usual, I can place the outbound calls, but the inbound calls don't ring.

Thanks!

Taoman

Does your PhonePower DID show as "registered" in the Obi portal?

Do the incoming phone calls show up on the PhonePower call log?

If so, do the incoming phone calls show up on your Obi call log via direct web access under Status>Call History?

Do you have the PP softphone installed on your PC? If not, I would recommend installing it and test some incoming calls to that. If that works chances are the problem isn't with PP, your Internet connection, or your router.

andbel

Thank you for the ideas:

Quote from: Taoman on July 18, 2014, 02:43:19 PM
Does your PhonePower DID show as "registered" in the Obi portal?

Yes, it does.

QuoteDo the incoming phone calls show up on the PhonePower call log?

No, the incoming calls do not appear in  the PhonePower log! I think this suggests that something is wrong at the PhonePower end, although I did contact them, and they replied everything looks OK on their side. I think I'll have to ask them to look again.

Thanks!

andbel

Problem solved: I found the following in the FAQ:

---------------------------------------------------------------
I can make outgoing calls, but I cannot receive any incoming calls.[Link]

You may have turned on the DND (Do Not Disturb) setting by pressing *78.

Dial *79 to disable DND
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I dialed *79 and now I am getting the incoming calls! I have no idea how the DND got turned on, I certainly did not do it, I didn't even know about it until today...