News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Set up new OBi202 device, now SLOW wifi - Google Hangouts no longer works?

Started by LAWink, July 09, 2014, 10:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LAWink

I just set up 2 phone lines with an OBi202 device and am using PhonePower. I was trying to use google hangouts yesterday on my iphone over my own wifi and it would not work...really choppy video and audio. This led me to check my internet speeds which came in at download 14.29 and upload 5.83. I'm not sure what the speeds were before I added the OBi device, but google hangouts used to work fine prior to its addition. Is there something I need to configure in the OBi device to make everything work? New to all of this. Thanks for the help!

HDFLucky

You don't specifically mention, but it sounds like you have the OBi placed ahead of your router, with its internal QOS activated (i.e., modem > OBi > router). With your measured bandwidth, that should not be necessary. I'd suggest reconfiguring so that the OBI is last in line. For ease of configuring, place the OBi in your router's DMZ, and then take appropriated measures in the OBi202 to prevent SIP dialing abuse - either the Phonepower method (ref their KB), or the "oleg method" (search this forum).