News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Does SIP scanner method #4 work with ringto?

Started by noHatNoCattle, July 22, 2014, 08:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noHatNoCattle

I can't receive calls after implementing the fix for SIP scanners shown below:

Change the (Voice Services)SPn Service->X_InboundCallRoute: from {ph}, if that is what it currently is, to {>('Insert your AuthUserName here'):ph}

Has anyone got this fix to work using ringto??

The SIP scanner fix is described in method #4 in the link below.

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=5467.msg35387#msg35387

azrobert

First, use format {>username:ph}
No quotes or parentheses.
If you want an explanation, ask.

Sometimes the username sent is not the same as AuthUserName.
Here is a trick you can do to determine the username.
Temporarily add {sp1($2@192.168.1.199)}, to the beginning of your InboundCallRoute, then call your provider number.
$2 is a variable that contains the username.
The call will fail because of the dummy IP address.

The OBi call history will show the username.
In your internet browser enter the IP address of your OBi.
UserID is admin
Click Status
Click Call History

You will see the OBi trying to route the call to username@192.168.1.199

noHatNoCattle

Thanks for the reply azrobert.

When I login via the browser using the OBI IP address, what do I put in for username and password?  Here's the dialog on the screen:

A username and password are being requested by http://xxxxxxxx. The site says: "admin@OBi110"

username: ?
password: ?

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

noHatNoCattle

Thanks gderf and azrobert !!  Phone works now with new InboundCallRoute set (no ticks or parenthesis).  Now time will tell if the SIP scanner calls stop.

noHatNoCattle

azrobert,

Yes I'm interested in the explanation as to why no quotes or parentheses as suggested in the solution.   Below is a fragment offering an explanation from your previous post.

First, use format {>username:ph}
No quotes or parentheses.
If you want an explanation, ask.

Thanks

azrobert

Example:  {>(xray):ph}
When xray is enclosed in parentheses it becomes a DigitMap.
M, s, S, x, and X are reserved characters and have a special function in a DigitMap.
The above example is comparing for a digit followed by "ray".
When you want to compare for a special character in a DigitMap, it or the whole string must be enclosed by single quotes. Like: {>('x'ray):ph} or {>('xray'):ph}

When you code {>xray:ph} without the parentheses, xray becomes a literal.
In a literal the reserved characters do NOT have a special meaning, therefore no single quotes needed.

Both methods work, but I've become obsessed with reducing the code in my configuration.
I think there is something wrong with me. LOL

0biWanKenobi

Right now I'm on Ring.To using method #4 in combination with changing the port number.  It's almost been a week so far no calls at 3AM in the morning (knocks on wood).

noHatNoCattle

Yeah I switched it back to method #4 and it seems to work ok so I'm not sure what caused my problem when I tried method #4 the first time.  Do I need to change the ports in addition to method #4 ?

0biWanKenobi

Quote from: noHatNoCattle on July 23, 2014, 08:20:37 PM
Yeah I switched it back to method #4 and it seems to work ok so I'm not sure what caused my problem when I tried method #4 the first time.  Do I need to change the ports in addition to method #4 ?

The reason why it didn't work the first time was because you included the parenthesis {>('Insert your AuthUserName here'):ph}.   When it should be {>Insert your AuthUserName here:ph}.

Also the reason for changing my ports was because I didn't want it at the default settings that most SIP scanners look for.  But if you already did method #4 then you don't really need to change the ports.  With method #4 in place, in order for the SIP scanner to crack your system now is for it to guess your AuthUserName (which would take forever).  .

noHatNoCattle

Yeah I tried to use the parenthesis and ticks format ie {>('Insert your AuthUserName here'):ph} but it doesn't work consistently.  Sometimes incoming calls would ring the phone but when answered no one was there and the caller went to voice mail.  So I'm back to the no parenthesis and no ticks format ie {>Insert your AuthUserName here:ph}