News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

one stage dialing from my cell phone??

Started by andyha, May 09, 2011, 10:26:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyha

I have ordered an Obi110 and should receive it in the next couple of days. I am going to setup google voice on SP2 and my Freephonline SIP account on SP1 as the default. I have a cell phone plan that lets me call one number an unlimited amount. I want to be able to call into my obi with my cell phone and make calls locally through the Freephoneline SIP account (i am in Canada) and long distance calls to the US with my GV account. I want to be able to use one stage dialing. Will this be possible? What CID will show up on the displays of the people I am calling, my cell number or the number of the account that the call is going through??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Andy

RonR

Simply set:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute :

{(12341234567)>(<1aaa>xxxxxxx):sp1},{(12341234567)>(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp2},{ph}

where 12341234567 is your cell phone number and aaa is your local area code.

Incoming calls from your cell phone to 7-digit local numbers will be sent out SP1 after having 1 + area code added.

Incoming calls from your cell phone to 11-digit numbers starting with 1 will be sent out SP2 (Google Voice).

All other incoming calls will be sent to the PHONE Port.

Google Voice always shows your Google Voice number for CallerID and cannot be changed.

QBZappy

andyha,

Hi, I have the same setup. Freephoneline+GV.

Freephone line allows 2 channels. I just made a call into the OBi. If your local call goes out through Freephone line, then that is the CID number seen on the receiving phone. Your original telephone number from your cell phone will not be shown.

Note: I have had problems in the past with the OBi staying registered with Freephoneline. Every once in a while I will loose the reg. In my case it seems to loose the connection about once a month. I  have never figured out why this happens.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

andyha

Quote from: RonR on May 09, 2011, 11:17:57 AM
Simply set:

Incoming calls from your cell phone to 7-digit local numbers will be sent out SP1 after having 1 + area code added.

Incoming calls from your cell phone to 11-digit numbers starting with 1 will be sent out SP2 (Google Voice).

Google Voice always shows your Google Voice number for CallerID and cannot be changed.

Wow, thanks for the quick and informative reply! I'm a little slow wrapping my head around this so I have to ask another question....

After configuring the InboundCallRoute as you have stated, if I am going to make a call through SP1, (Freephoneline) from my cell phone would I dial my Freephoneline SP1 number followed by the 7 digit number of the person I am calling? and the same for the GV account? If I am configuring the speed dial on my cell phone do I need to use any pauses anywhere?

Thanks for your patience

Andy

andyha

Quote from: QBZappy on May 09, 2011, 11:33:41 AM
andyha,

Hi, I have the same setup. Freephoneline+GV.

Freephone line allows 2 channels. I just made a call into the OBi. If your local call goes out through Freephone line, then that is the CID number seen on the receiving phone. Your original telephone number from your cell phone will not be shown.

Note: I have had problems in the past with the OBi staying registered with Freephoneline. Every once in a while I will loose the reg. In my case it seems to loose the connection about once a month. I  have never figured out why this happens.

Thankyou too for the quick reply nice to see a fellow Canuck on here! Are you still having problems staying registered? Up until now I have used a PAP2T with Freephoneline line and it has been rock solid...

RonR

The only way (I am aware of) to do one-stage dialing is through an OBiON APP running on the cell phone.  You configure it with your OBi110 as its gateway.  Then when you dial a number through the OBiON APP, your OBi110's OBiTALK Service is called with the number you dialed passed to the InboundCallRoute.

RonR

If you want to be able to call your OBi directly from your cell phone through SP1 (FreePhoneLine) to call back out and are willing to do two-stage dialing, you would set:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {12341234567:aa},{ph}

where 12341234567 is your cell phone number.

Incoming calls from your cell phone to SP1 (FreePhoneLine) would go the the Auto Attendant where you could place outgoing calls pretty much like you do from the OBi's PHONE Port.  All other incoming calls to SP1 (FreePhoneLine) would go to the PHONE Port.

QBZappy

RonR,

Simply set:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to do. When I try this, the phone attached to the OBi rings. How do you call the Freephoneline number (OBi) using your cell CID and pass another 7 or 11 digit phone number so that it goes out as a single stage call?
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

andyha,

You will most likely have to call the OBi and go trough the AA to make another outgoing call, as I don't think installing the OBi App on a cell phone is a likely scenario. This example will accomplish a two stage call.

{(<**2>(5145551111|5145552222|x.5145553333)):aa($1)},{ph}

Note that this is actually  a callback configuration. This setup offers you two call paths.
1) If you let the OBi pickup you can select Option#2 "make a new call".
2) hangup  before the OBi picks up, it will call back the CID number you called from in the above config. You can setup multiple callback numbers.

You configure the behavior of the next step of the call depending how you want to setup your Primary line. Decide if you want SP1, SP2 or Trunk Group 1 as the Primary line. Depending on how you set this up you may or may not need to dial **1, or **2 in front of the Telephone number you are planning to call. You can also set up contacts in the speed dial. I'm certain that you have a few international numbers in mind. You can prefix those numbers in the speed dial with **2, if you want them going over GV.

Note: I can not say that my experience with OBi+Freephoneline has been rock solid. As I mentioned, I have not tried to find the reason why it happens. It may not be related to the OBi. It happens about once a month.

Tons of other fun things you can do with the OBi. Best way is to have a look at the Admin guide and read up on the forum. Have fun. :)

Edit: This example forces the callback over SP2 if you hangup before the OBi picks up.

RonR

Quote from: QBZappy on May 09, 2011, 03:34:29 PM
RonR,

Simply set:

I'm not sure what this is supposed to do. When I try this, the phone attached to the OBi rings. How do you call the Freephoneline number (OBi) using your cell CID and pass another 7 or 11 digit phone number so that it goes out as a single stage call?

As I stated a couple of posts back, I believe you have to use an OBiON APP to be able to do one-stage dialing.  What you quoted assumes an OBiON APP is calling the OBi via the OBiTALK Service (the only thing it knows how to do).

facaletz

Hi,
It is any chance to see a configuration how to make a one or two stage call from :mobile phone1 to pstn,Obi110(1) ,obi110(2),pstn to Mobile phone2 , 10 numbers no area code(outside USA respective Romania to Australia) no Gvoice,no sip ,just the Obi .
Thanks for that,I see you're very busy debating Gooooogleeeee but we ,outside USA cannot afford that :o )