News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Long Time No Updates

Started by ceg3, July 25, 2014, 08:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

It occurred to me it has been quite a while since Obihai updated my OBi100. I guess it must have achieved perfection ;D or, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

MurrayB

I think that the 100/110 have reached "maturity"!

giqcass

At this point I would expect only security fixes.  I think a lot of attention is going to the 5xx series devices.  Specifically the new IP phones.  The 2xx series hasn't got anything new lately either.
Long live our new ObiLords!

carl

Quote from: giqcass on July 27, 2014, 12:52:44 PM
  The 2xx series hasn't got anything new lately either.
And one of the latest updates caused so many problems that i did not dare to update since anyway.

giqcass

Quote from: carl on July 27, 2014, 09:21:17 PM
Quote from: giqcass on July 27, 2014, 12:52:44 PM
  The 2xx series hasn't got anything new lately either.
And one of the latest updates caused so many problems that i did not dare to update since anyway.
I remain on 3.0.1 (Build: 4142). 

jjtricket

ModelName OBi202

giqcass, thank you for your assistance!

Not really sure how I have the newest update since all these were disabled:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Firmware Update -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Starting to believe that you do not really have control of your device.

Update:

You will not be able to downgraded a firmware once you have upgraded it. It
is always better to have the latest firmware ( a general rule of thumb) as
it contain fixes and upgrades.

Regards,
Obihai Technology

searchformission

I don't know, but last night I was prompted to upgrade the firmware to build 2868, same software 1.3.0
I also noticed the Google Voice configuration was changed up a little bit.

Mango

Quote from: jjtricket on July 28, 2014, 10:59:39 AM
Not really sure how I have the newest update since all these were disabled:

Do you have Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service enabled?

jjtricket

ModelName OBi202

That should not be enabled, is that correct?

Obi is being sneaky, I have everything disabled and they keep updating my box.

Where is Ron R when we need him?

Mango

If it is enabled, it would allow Obihai to remotely upgrade your firmware.

Out of curiosity, was it enabled?

giqcass

jjtricket

ModelName OBi202

Mine was disabled, hell everything is disabled and those sneaky xxxxxxxx updated my box and refuse to let me go back to a previous build.

Any ideas?

gderf

Does Google Voice still work - can you make Google Voice outgoing calls and do incoming calls forwarded only to Google chat still work?
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

jjtricket

Yes, my current version is:

SoftwareVersion 3.0.1 (Build: 4350)

searchformission

Quote from: gderf on July 30, 2014, 08:28:39 PM
Does Google Voice still work - can you make Google Voice outgoing calls and do incoming calls forwarded only to Google chat still work?

Answer is yes for both outgoing and incoming calls on Obi110 v2.8, soft version 1.3.0 (Build: 2868)  :)

gderf

Thanks for confirming the new firmware didn't break things. I have not been upgraded yet and I have noticed that using a callback to make a call with Google Talk as the number to use for the callback is broken.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

drgeoff

My 110 is on 2824 and I haven't had any prompts to upgrade.  Everything "disabled" on Auto Provisioning and I don't use the Dashboard for configuring.

searchformission

Quote from: drgeoff on July 31, 2014, 07:15:28 AM
My 110 is on 2824 and I haven't had any prompts to upgrade.  Everything "disabled" on Auto Provisioning and I don't use the Dashboard for configuring.

I went through another setup and the prompt to upgrade the firmware ONLY shows up if you make changes to your existing GV setup, or create a new GV setup. I do all of my configuration via the dashboard, so I don't know if the minor firmware update will be available later for manual update.

drgeoff

Quote from: searchformission on July 31, 2014, 08:51:25 AM
Quote from: drgeoff on July 31, 2014, 07:15:28 AM

I went through another setup and the prompt to upgrade the firmware ONLY shows up if you make changes to your existing GV setup, or create a new GV setup. I do all of my configuration via the dashboard, so I don't know if the minor firmware update will be available later for manual update.
I don't have GV on my 110.   :) or  :( ?

ceg3

Well, being fearless or foolish I attempted to take a look at my GV setup on SP2 and reached an update page that was required to continue.  I continued and was updated to 2868.  Funny thing.  I've never seen my OBi flash orange, but it did during the update.  I've seen red many times, but that was the first time I remember seeing orange.  Now have a woman's voice on OBi talk directory.  At this point having trouble setting GV back up.  More to follow.

OK, so now I see that after agreeing to terms and conditions and allowing access to email address and etc the setup for GV is more automated now.  It is now working.