News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Long Time No Updates

Started by ceg3, July 25, 2014, 08:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dircom

I have a female voice on my 110 now also.  I deleted a SP, and set up a different GV #.  Got the (new) GV acceptance screen also.  My wife says the 202 still has the male voice.

ceg3

Very interesting:  I just deleted my GV number and ran through the setup again to see if that would fix the loss of MWI after installing the update and this time GV had been added to the list of approved service providers and no longer showed as just a footnote at the bottom of the page.  That looks to me like GV is here to stay.

giqcass

I have been wondering if the recent inability to use Gchat as a callback number might be related to the MWI not functioning.  It appears something has been changed on Googles end.
Long live our new ObiLords!

jhyman

I saw the prompt to update my OBI today, but I did not do the update.  I updated an old message to unread on Google voice and the MWI still seems to be working fine.  I don't think any change was on Google's side. 

dl97ag

I paid PhonePower to emulate my GV # (believing the 5/15 cutoff was actually happening) and have had choppy outbound audio ever since.  Am trying to re-add the GV profile on Obi 200 but can't configure via dashboard, saying device update needed, yet it has latest FW 3.0.1 (Build: 4350).  The auto-update fails each attempt via dashboard.  Ideas?

dl97ag

Just noticed this post explaining the newer/undocumented 3-0-1-4412.fw:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8391.0  Based on comments there, am not liking where things are heading for GV/Obi...

giqcass

Based on the official announcement GV may be here a while.

Quote from: OBiSupport on August 16, 2014, 03:25:54 PM
The OBi1032 IP Phone is Here!

Free OBiWiFi Wireless USB Adapter to the First 100 Customers

The OBi1032 is the first product in the OBi1000 Series business-class color IP phones. The OBi1032 has support for up to 12 lines or call appearances and up to six SIP and Google Voiceâ„¢ VoIP service accounts and the OBiTALK VoIP service.
Long live our new ObiLords!