News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

one ring then silence; second try ok

Started by noHatNoCattle, July 30, 2014, 02:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

noHatNoCattle

A caller tried to call my OBI phone.  Caller said it rang once then silence.  Caller hung up and tried again and it worked ok.

Configuration:

OBI 110
Ring.to
Anveo

Anyone else have this problem??  Is this a ring.to only problem??  Ideas ??

Festus

Same thing here except I don't think the second, third or tenth try goes through. Seemed to start on July 29th or 30th.

I was having Internet connection issues and thought that was the problem. But, switching to a different Internet connection gave me the same result. When my device boots, the two LEDs on the right blink, then the one on the far right (PHONE) remains on, as it should, but only for a few seconds.

In the past, this meant there was a connection issue.

Tried updating the firmware, disabling appropriate router settings, etc. And, even though a different service is configured and working on SP2, the GV service configuration will not complete on SP1 even though it had been working fine for months. I also entered the password directly using the Expert Configuration.

Has the switch finally (REALLY) been pulled on XMPP?

Anyone have another explanation, work around or fix?

And, please don't reply with "Sure, sign up with XYZ provider" 'cause I did that back in March. I just don't like the fact that GV ignores calls from spoofed numbers that match the number called. That is, you can't check your freakin' GV VM by dialing your own number which is kind of a universal 'given' everywhere else!

noHatNoCattle

Quote from: Festus on July 31, 2014, 08:37:13 PM
Same thing here except I don't think the second, third or tenth try goes through. Seemed to start on July 29th or 30th.

I was having Internet connection issues and thought that was the problem. But, switching to a different Internet connection gave me the same result. When my device boots, the two LEDs on the right blink, then the one on the far right (PHONE) remains on, as it should, but only for a few seconds.

In the past, this meant there was a connection issue.

Tried updating the firmware, disabling appropriate router settings, etc. And, even though a different service is configured and working on SP2, the GV service configuration will not complete on SP1 even though it had been working fine for months. I also entered the password directly using the Expert Configuration.

Has the switch finally (REALLY) been pulled on XMPP?

Anyone have another explanation, work around or fix?

And, please don't reply with "Sure, sign up with XYZ provider" 'cause I did that back in March. I just don't like the fact that GV ignores calls from spoofed numbers that match the number called. That is, you can't check your freakin' GV VM by dialing your own number which is kind of a universal 'given' everywhere else!

Festus,

Your post is not providing any information to help solve my problem.  Instead your post is a unique and unrelated problem to mine since you can't call at all.  Next time create a new thread.

noHatNoCattle