News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202-3-0-1-4412 Firmware Available.

Started by gderf, July 30, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gderf

I was helping a friend with her OBi200 and something we did with setting up Google Voice on it triggered a firmware update to OBi202-3-0-1-4412.fw

I was able to download it myself manually via browser by editing the URL for an earlier version to reflect the new 4412 build.

If you try to make any changes to your Google Voice SP slot in your OBi200 it will require upgrading to the new firmware.

I don't know whether I screwed something up on my friends OBi, but we couldn't get it to ring when her GV number was set to forward to Google chat. I have a funny feeling this new firmware disables GV from ringing an OBi. Could this be the end of XMPP support on these devices?  I hope not.

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

jjtricket

Obi202 is in the title then you discuss Obi200, can you clarify?

I have noticed that my Obi202 has been updating even though everything is disabled. Not a happy customer and would not recommend Obi products to anyone anymore.

giqcass

Quote from: jjtricket on July 30, 2014, 08:20:37 PM
Obi202 is in the title then you discuss Obi200, can you clarify?
202 is in the name of the firmware but they are talking about an Obi200.  The 200 ans 202 use the same firmware.
Long live our new ObiLords!

gderf

The OBi200/202 take the same firmware and they are all named OBi202-3-0-1-xxxx.fw where xxxx is the build number.

We have OBi200s.

db7g

Ran into the same thing tonight.  I had to remove and then re-add google voice as a service provider before it worked again.  I no longer have the option for voicemail notification either. 

Will see how things work tomorrow.  Are there release notes for this update? 

gderf

Not related to the new firmware, as I have not had my OBi updated to it yet, I have noticed that using callbacks to make an outgoing call with Google Talk as the callback path no longer works.

Release notes? Not yet and this firmware isn't even available via link here in the forum or via ***6 on the phone.

RFC3261

Quote from: gderf on July 31, 2014, 06:41:52 AM
Release notes?

Past performance suggests that the "Release notes" will contain one line:

Various bug fixes and enhancements

I would be very pleased to be wrong, with detailed release notes of all bugs fixed, and documenting remaining bugs known to not be fixed (with workarounds if known).

ceg3

When I deliberately triggered the update for my 100 I was taken through a terms of service agreement and app access approval process that seemed like anything but the end of GV.  I had to delete GV and then start over but it works normally and I still get voice mail notifications by email.

cluckercreek

Ceg3, do you still get MWI from Google?

ceg3

Quote from: cluckercreek on August 01, 2014, 07:28:37 AM
I do not.  I wasn't thinking about it when I got the email notice, but I just left two messages on my GV line and no stutter tone or flash. :o

gderf

Does anybody know if this new firmware will prevent using more than one GV setup on the same device?

dircom

I have traveled a bit this summer, moving from different houses, different Obi's, moving the registration of one of my GV #'s to a different Obi as I travel.  Today, I had to update firmware as your first post describes.  Now only one GV # apparently is able to be registered on my 202.  Waiting for a response from Obi support about this "new feature"  :-\

gderf

That's what I was afraid of. Hopefully it's just a configuration problem, and not a limitation. Let us know what OBi support says.

ceg3

Quote from: cluckercreek on August 01, 2014, 07:28:37 AM
I tried to enable it manually with no joy.  I have submitted a ticket to Obihai to see what they say about maybe getting it back.

ceg3

Response from Obihai support:

MWI will not work for Google Voice now.

Regards,
Obihai Technology

giqcass

Sounds like the slow demise of GV.   :'(
Long live our new ObiLords!

dircom

reply from Obihai Support Team ... "You can add more than one Google Voice"

Didn't seem to work for me after firmware update on 202.  only after I removed one of two GV #'s did one of them work..  (have Vestalink and IPcomms for other Service providers)

Will try it again

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: giqcass on August 04, 2014, 11:54:12 AM
Sounds like the slow demise of GV.   :'(

Me doth thinkith the heard is being directed to Ring.to in a psuedo subtle way. 

Speaking of Ring.to, has anyone tried more than one Ring.to DID on a 110 or 202?  I can't remember if E911 was mandatory with them, if so then the 110 is out but it is doable on a 202.  Just curious if that is possible.

dircom

Me doth thinkith I heard you said heard
do you herd me?   ;)

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: dircom on August 04, 2014, 04:01:43 PM
Me doth thinkith I heard you said heard
do you herd me?   ;)

Damn, I was so close.  My Old English isn't what it usithed to be:

Origin of herd....

Old English heord

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/us/definition/american_english/herd