News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how do I add PhonePower to OBI-100 when both SP1 and SP2 were used

Started by pvpham, July 31, 2014, 12:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvpham

Hi everybody,

MY OBi-100 currently set: SP1 to Google Voice, SP2 to Callcentric.

I also have a 1 year account with PhonePower with a phone number. I would like to add the PhonePower to my OBI-100 to use its 911 service but I do not know where to add because OBI-100 have only two SPx that are already used as above. I know I can use CallCentric 911 but I already paid for 1 year with PhonePower so I prefer to use it. I also want to keep CallCentric account on SP2 for routing inbound call to my cellphone so the swap PhonePower for CallCentric is not an option.

Thanks for your help

Taoman

You don't have a lot of options. I'm pretty sure PhonePower requires registration so you couldn't configure it as a voice gateway.

Since you've already paid for a year's subscription to PP I'm curious what you need Google Voice for? I also have Callcentric on SP2 and subscribed to PhonePower for 1 year. I removed Google Voice on SP1 and replaced it with PhonePower. My incoming calls come in thru Callcentric on SP2 and my outgoing calls go out on SP1 thru PhonePower or any of my Voice Gateways I have configured.
Just forward your GV number to your PhonePower number.

pvpham

Taoman,

Thanks for your response. I still use GV on SP1 for outbound call for free till they implement their turn off.

Can I add PP to a voice gateway ? Or using PP just like I use CallCentric now to route inbound call to ring my cell phone ?

gderf

Inbound calling requires registration, and registration requires occupying an SP slot. Both of your SPs are in use. So you can't add a third service that requires an SP.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Taoman

Quote from: pvpham on July 31, 2014, 01:57:00 PM
I still use GV on SP1 for outbound call for free till they implement their turn off.
I understand but you still have to work within the limitations of your device and you only have 2 Service Provider trunks available to you. If you want to add PhonePower then one of your current SPs has to go. If you already have a 1 year PhonePower subscription why not use those minutes by swapping out Google Voice for PhonePower?

Quote from: pvphamCan I add PP to a voice gateway ? Or using PP just like I use CallCentric now to route inbound call to ring my cell phone ?
As mentioned, I'm fairly certain PP requires registration even for outbound calls so a voice gateway wouldn't work. Plus, if you will be having incoming calls then registration is required anyway.

You would have to elaborate exactly how you are using CallCentric "to route inbound call to ring my cell phone?" Are you using a softphone on your cell phone that registers to your CC account?

azrobert

You can route calls from Callcentric to your OBi100 without it being registered.

Click on Call Treatments.
Click on Add a New Call Treatment.
Under "Redirect call to:" Click "This Number"
In the box enter: userid@xx.xx.xx.xx:5061
Leave all other settings at their default.
xx.xx.xx.xx is your public IP address.
userid can normally be anything.
If you are using the Oleg method to block scanners userid must match the name you are comparing for.
You might have to adjust the above if you are doing anything tricky with inbound routing.

In your router you must port forward the following ports to the IP address of the OBi100:
16800 thru 16998

Test this setup without any other changes.
You might have audio problems when routing a call to the OBi like this with a URI address.

If this setup works then delete Callcentric from SP2 and define Phonepower.

pvpham

Taoman:

QuoteAre you using a softphone on your cell phone that registers to your CC account?

No. I used the set up that azrobert shown and include the set up by jjjooonnn

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=6862.0 (see Reply #2)

azrobert:

Thanks, You come to my rescue again  ;D. I try it tonight and report the result soon.