News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Recieve calls on Ring To

Started by GamerGabe, August 04, 2014, 06:16:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GamerGabe

I was wondering if anybody knows if it is possible to receive calls on Ring To.  I bought a new Obi 110 and signed up for service with Anveo and Ring To.  I placed the Anveo E911 service on SP1 instead of the default option offered which was SP2.  I successfully ported a number over from Google Voice after getting it unlocked first.  My Ring To account is now registered but the status says parked.  I do not know of any other status that my new phone may end up in, but I do know that Ring To is advertising a lot of features that basically imply that any incoming calls can be diverted elsewhere a number of different ways.  Luckily for me, I am just trying this out and I still have another inexpensive Obi that I am still able to use with Google Voice.  I may be jumping the gun, but it doesn't surprise me when I have to set up accounts like this that there are not really any well outlined and finalized set of instructions.  The Obi does come with a simple how-to with everything laid out on how to set up the Obi with Google Voice.   And I was hoping Ring To would be as fruitful an outcome.  If Ring To convinces people to have to buy additional "new" devices in order to use their service, it better be able to do everything a phone service does.  Or at least disclose the lack of beforehand.  I'm probably just jumping the gun.

cluckercreek

"Parked" with the Ring.to service simply means that you do NOT have voicemail enabled on their site. Yes you can make and recieve calls with them. On the Obi 110, you can only have one Ring.to number since you are required to have Anveo 911 on the other SPx. As far as the forwarding feature for up 4 phones, you do not have to use that.

Taoman

Quote from: GamerGabe on August 04, 2014, 06:16:40 PM
My Ring To account is now registered but the status says parked. 

All "parked" means is that you aren't forwarding your calls to another number.
QuoteParked - Historical meaning: Send calls directly to voicemail. New meaning: we are not forwarding your calls. Voicemail is now treated as an independent feature.
    Forward - Forward any calls to another phone number

https://bandwidth.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/365614-my-number-is-listed-as-parked-what-does-that-me

So your SP2 account configured for Ring.To does say "registered" on the Obitalk web portal? What happens when you make a call to the ported phone number? Does it go to voicemail or what? I assume there must be a call log of some sort on the Ring.To web site. Does it show up there?

It doesn't matter if you put Anveo on SP1. Just make sure SP2 is your "primary" for outgoing calls.