News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How Many Ring.to Accts Can You Have On An Obi202?

Started by Usetheforceobiwan, August 05, 2014, 07:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usetheforceobiwan

Anybody tried more than one Ring.to acct on a 202?  I know with the 110 you can only have one because the other SP is for E911 but with the 202 I would think you could have at least three...or does Ring.to not work that way?  Tell you the truth, I've been too chicken to expose my 202 to the dashboard again fearing a stealth or mandatory upgrade to get it to work with RT. 

Also, can one E911 acct be enough for multiple Obi's on Ring.to provided they are all managed from the same dashboard acct?  Curious if anyone has experience.............

Usetheforceobiwan

Nobody has more than one Ring.to account on a 200 or 202?  Please say it isn't so  :'(

cluckercreek

My understanding from Ring.to is that you can only have 2 accounts on the 202. Also only one Anveo 911 account is required. If I still had the email from Ring.to I would post it.

Usetheforceobiwan

Quote from: cluckercreek on August 07, 2014, 01:10:56 PM
My understanding from Ring.to is that you can only have 2 accounts on the 202.

Wonder why only two and not the three possible? I mean Ring.to lets you forward to up to what, 4 numbers?   

I have this theory that Ring.To uses XMPP just like Google Voice does as Ring.to was the major supplier of DID's to Google.  Maybe that has something to do with it?  Who knows.

cluckercreek

I wondered the same thing. I thought you might be able to have 3 and Aveno 911 but was informed, no, only 2 will work because of the "way that Ring.to works".  ???

Taoman

Quote from: Usetheforceobiwan on August 07, 2014, 01:24:01 PM

I have this theory that Ring.To uses XMPP just like Google Voice does as Ring.to was the major supplier of DID's to Google.  Maybe that has something to do with it?  Who knows.

Who knows? I would imagine all the people with Ring.To accounts configured on their Obihai ATAs have got a pretty good clue. Either they are using SIP as the signalling protocol or they aren't. AFAIK, they are using SIP and not XMPP.

Service Providers>ITSP Profile x General>SignalingProtocol

cluckercreek

At present, I'm using Ring.to on my Web Browser. I am still deciding on moving it to my Obi 202 or a future purchase of a Obi 200. I'm going to use my old Obi 110 in my garage as an extension.