December 16, 2017, 06:26:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using ObiOn with a Business Telephone System (PBX)  (Read 30219 times)
KilinclarZm

« on: August 08, 2014, 05:42:21 am »

Hi,

I have a Obi110 and I have connected it to an analog line of my PBX/Business Telephone System.
Calling the Obi110 from ObiOn android works.
I want to send *77# from ObiOn to the PBX, but I can not get it to work.

Locally I can call with an analog phone through the Obi110, by pressing # (l get a line sound) and then press *77#
Doing the same from ObiOn Android, after keying 2 (Attentant new call) does not work.

Does anyone know any way to send the commands unaltered through ObiOn App to my PBX?

Best regards,

Jem.
ianobi
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 05:43:33 am »

Hi Jem - welcome to the forum.

Locally I can call with an analog phone through the Obi110, by pressing # (l get a line sound) and then press *77#

This works because pressing # connects the phone directly to the line, so avoiding the OBi110 digitmaps etc.

I'm assuming that your Primary Line is "PSTN" (default for the OBi110). To send *77# out to the Line Port, the Line Port digitmap needs to allow it. Also, The OBiTALK network will not send the "#" as the final character from OBiON. All this can be overcome. Change the LINE Port DigitMap as follows:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|xx.S4|*77#|*77<#>)

Or if you want a more general rule that allows any two digit command preceded by a "*" and followed by a "#", then this should work:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap :
(1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxS4|xx.S4|*xx#|*xx<#>)

This should work from OBiON and the local phone without pressing "#" first to get the PBX dial tone. The digitmaps assume that you live in North America.

This can be made to work if dialled directly from OBiON with no need to go via the auto attendant - post back if you would like that info.

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.
KilinclarZm

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 01:19:37 am »

Hi IanObi,

I changed the DigiMap and can dial *77# directly from the attached phone now.  Smiley

What I want to accomplish with the Obi110, is to remotely speak true our PA (Public Announcement) system.
To activate the PA, I have to dial *77# directly from an attached phone in the building (hence he Obi110).
One of the uses for this is, to be able to talk to or direct people on site in case of emergencies.

So yes, could help me to directly dial *77# from ObiOn to the PBX, so we could talk trough ObiOn?

TIA for your help,

Jem.

ianobi

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 07:36:24 am »

Jem,

When you set up your softphone number to work with OBiON the OBiTALK network will have set up something like the following in your OBi110:

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute:
{(290123456)>(xx.):li},{(290123456):aa},{ph}

Where 290123456 is your softphone number. You need to change the "xx." to Mli, so:

{(290123456)>(Mli):li},{(290123456):aa},{ph}

Now dialling from OBiON will use the digitmap (Mli) which carries out the required transformations the same as if dialling from the attached phone.

You can dial *77 or *77# from your android phone using OBiON. Only *77 will actually arrive at the OBi110, but this rule *77<#> will automatically add the "#" for you so *77# goes out to line.

azrobert

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2014, 08:05:31 am »

I assume you dial a number after the *77#
Can you dial *77# and the number as one string like: *77#18005551212
Or do you have to dial *77#, wait for a response then dial the number?

If you can dial the number as one string then use Line DigitMap:
(<*77#>1xxxxxxxxxx|<*77#>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<*77#>[2-9]xxxxxxS4|<*77#>xx.S4|*77#|*77<#>)

Now just dial the number and the OBi110 will automatically prepend *77# to the number.
You will also be able to dial *77# or *77 then the number.
KilinclarZm

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 07:38:55 am »

Jem,

When you set up your softphone number to work with OBiON the OBiTALK network will have set up something like the following in your OBi110:

{(290123456)>(xx.):li},{(290123456):aa},{ph}

Where 290123456 is your softphone number. You need to change the "xx." to Mli, so:

{(290123456)>(Mli):li},{(290123456):aa},{ph}

Now dialling from OBiON will use the digitmap (Mli) which carries out the required transformations the same as if dialling from the attached phone.

You can dial *77 or *77# from your android phone using OBiON. Only *77 will actually arrive at the OBi110, but this rule *77<#> will automatically add the "#" for you so *77# goes out to line.
Hi Ianobi,
I changed the changed the xx. to Mli within the InboundCallRoute-field.
I still can not dial directly from the Obion App, however when I call my Obi110, I choose:
 - 2 (to make a new call),
 - and type: 3# (I have put *77# under speeddial at the Obi110)

This works and I am able to talk to the Public Announcement-system.
I also added a second phone as a Circle of trust and adjusted the InboundCallRoute accordingly and that phone can also call to the PA-system now.

Jem.

P.s. some strange things seems to happen when I sometimes reboot the Obi110. It looses all custom settings!
     However, I can not reproduce this (yet)....

KilinclarZm

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2014, 07:45:45 am »

I assume you dial a number after the *77#
Can you dial *77# and the number as one string like: *77#18005551212
Or do you have to dial *77#, wait for a response then dial the number?

If you can dial the number as one string then use Line DigitMap:
(<*77#>1xxxxxxxxxx|<*77#>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<*77#>[2-9]xxxxxxS4|<*77#>xx.S4|*77#|*77<#>)

Now just dial the number and the OBi110 will automatically prepend *77# to the number.
You will also be able to dial *77# or *77 then the number.
Hi, my Obi110 is connected to an extension of our phonesystem.
We have speakers all over the building.
Normally when I dial *77# I can speak through al speakers at once (eg. in case of emergency).
However this only work on premise, we have a lot of security camera's, so this will allow the boss or other managers to see things remotely and also address the people.

It problably will be used just to shout: "will some one please pickup the phone", by a manager, when he wants to talk to the foreman night shift. ;-)
ianobi

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2014, 09:14:20 am »

Hi Jem,

I have just tested this setup in one of my OBi110s and it seems to work fine. If you dial *77 (not #) from the attached phone does it still work? - it should send out *77# to line.

When dialling direct from OBiON does anything happen? Checking "Call History" may help. This is only available via your OBi web page - dial ***1 from the attached phone to get the ip address. The default user/password is "admin" and "admin". Then go to Status > Call History. It should show a call coming in from OBiTALK1 and going out to Line1. Also, try from the attached phone dialling only *77 it will show a call coming in from Phone1 and going out to Line1.

Finally check the changes you made to the Line Port Digitmap - every "|" and "<" and ">" needs to be in the right place with no spaces.

P.s. some strange things seems to happen when I sometimes reboot the Obi110. It looses all custom settings!
If you make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages as detailed in my first post, then the OBiTALK portal should write any changes you have made past and present back to your OBi when it reboots following your pressing the "submit" button.

I'm sure that we can make it possible for the shouty managers to be able to shout at others from the comfort of their own homes / offices   Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: