News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 100 Dead, Firmware update... again?

Started by kenobisan, August 14, 2014, 02:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenobisan

Just updated my firmware using the crazy method provided. I have a yellow sign but I can't autoupdate because I'm supposedly not connect, even though I am. OK. So I download firmware 2824 as I found through a maze of information. It updates, I confirm with the Obi100 device. I go through the Google Voice setup and, after being told by GV that the Obi app wants offline access, I confirm. I'm again told I can't connect, firmware update needed.

Firmware upgrade needed.
Cannot upgrade 12345676 since it is offline. Please try again when it is online.

I cannot break this loop. Is the Obi100 a dead end device?

drgeoff

If you dial **9 222 222 222 do you get through to Obi's echo test?

kenobisan

Quote from: drgeoff on August 15, 2014, 05:24:42 AM
If you dial **9 222 222 222 do you get through to Obi's echo test?
Thanks for the response. I get a fast busy signal after dialing **9. If I try to dial all the numbers together I get "there is no service available to complete your call."

It's an endless loop. Can't connect because a firmware upgrade is needed. Cannot update the firmware automatically because you need to be connected.  ::)

Firmware upgrade was applied manually and confirmed (I pulled out the plug as well to see if it would make a difference.) I'm at a loss here and I can't find anything else in the forum to remedy. Trying to use the dial options and star combinations always ends up in the dead end. Thanks for trying... hope someone has an idea.

cluckercreek

Sounds to me that it's time to preform a "hard reset" by using a paper clip on your Obi. Look for the instructions on the Quick Start guide.

Shale

If you dial ***1, what does it say?

If it states an IP number, can you ping that IP number from your computer?

Does the router have any status information on that port? Maybe you should try a different ethernet cable or a different port on the router.