December 10, 2017, 06:21:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBi1032 Now Available at Amazon for $199.99 (Free OBiWiFi Offer)  (Read 206914 times)
OBiSupport
Administrator

« on: August 16, 2014, 03:25:54 pm »

The OBi1032 IP Phone is Here!

Free OBiWiFi Wireless USB Adapter to the First 100 Customers

The OBi1032 is the first product in the OBi1000 Series business-class color IP phones. The OBi1032 has support for up to 12 lines or call appearances and up to six SIP and Google Voice™ VoIP service accounts and the OBiTALK VoIP service.

With the OBi1032 Series IP phone you'll get; high-definition ‘HD’ voice* for crystal-clear calls, OBiTALK cloud management and functionality that’s easy to use.

OBi1000 Series Data Sheet

Starting today, you can buy the OBi1032 at Amazon for $199.99 with free shipping – Click Here or on the image of the OBi1032 to visit the OBi1032 product page at Amazon.com.

Special Offer: To celebrate the arrival of the OBi1032, the first 100 customers who purchase an OBi1032 from Amazon.com, will receive a free OBiWiFi USB adapter from Obihai. We will notify you by email at the time of shipping if you are one of the first 100 lucky OBi1032 customers. Contact info@obihai.com with any questions you may have.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 03:28:17 pm by OBiSupport » Logged
FreeServiceForLife

« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 07:09:25 pm »

The OBi1032 IP Phone is Here!

Free OBiWiFi Wireless USB Adapter to the First 100 Customers

.... and Google Voice™ VoIP service accounts

How's that?  Come Again?  So you are still supporting GV?!!

Z
« Last Edit: August 17, 2014, 07:12:50 pm by FreeServiceForLife » Logged
nlurker

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:11:57 am »

How's that?  Come Again?  So you are still supporting GV?!!

Could it be that the marketing language was written way back during product development, and someone forgot to change it?  Or is this truly significant?
MikeHObi

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2014, 07:45:01 am »

I know I personally could not recommend this product without having some sort of clarification from ObiHai on the state of their integration with google voice.   Obihai already once told us that they would no longer support google voice.  I'll need more than marketing information that says they now support it as well as something to give me any confidence that they will continue to support it.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.
nlurker

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 03:05:10 pm »

I know I personally could not recommend this product without having some sort of clarification from ObiHai on the state of their integration with google voice.   Obihai already once told us that they would no longer support google voice.  I'll need more than marketing information that says they now support it as well as something to give me any confidence that they will continue to support it.

Look at https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/services/spoptions

There is a new huge banner at the top proclaiming Google Voice as an Approved Service Provider.
giqcass
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:08:36 pm »

I would like to get my hands on one of these for experimentation.  I want to dig down and see what we can actually do with this thing beyond the documented features.  It appears you can customize the menu with XML.  We could use that to make some "magic" buttons.  This device just isn't in my communications budget right now.

Register at e164.org and friends can use Sipbroker to call you from a regular telephone for free from almost any country.
DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
MikeHObi

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2014, 02:57:47 pm »

I would like to get my hands on one of these for experimentation.  I want to dig down and see what we can actually do with this thing beyond the documented features.  It appears you can customize the menu with XML.  We could use that to make some "magic" buttons.  This device just isn't in my communications budget right now.

From what I recall from a previous video chat, the display is not touch capable.  You can show stuff there but you can't interact with what is shown there except with the buttons on the side.

Obi202 user & Obi100 using Anveo and Callcentric.
giqcass

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2014, 04:50:27 pm »

From what I recall from a previous video chat, the display is not touch capable.  You can show stuff there but you can't interact with what is shown there except with the buttons on the side.
True, a touch screen would have been nice.  Those buttons can still be programmed and the labels can be updated.  With a little luck it may even be possible to update them dynamically to allow sub menus although I believe that might take a little tinkering.  We should also be able to activate a macro indirectly.

Register at e164.org and friends can use Sipbroker to call you from a regular telephone for free from almost any country.
DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
CoalMinerRetired

« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 12:09:52 am »

Me too, I'd love to experiment with this.

To use your words: I would like to get my hands on one of these for experimentation, specifically to experiment with single stage dialing and related configurations (links since we don't discuss these concepts very frequently anymore, 1, 2, 3).
giqcass

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 12:55:20 am »

I think with a little trickery I could set up a single button to swap the entire profile.

DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
dranon

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:15 pm »

Anyone get this phone yet??  How do they like it? I wish I could use my old Linksys SPA942 phones with GV or the obi device they are nice pip phones. I had used them when I had Ringcentral service which I keep just for the fax line.
WelshPaul
OBi Phone Beta Tester

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2014, 07:47:49 am »

Anyone get this phone yet??  How do they like it? I wish I could use my old Linksys SPA942 phones with GV or the obi device they are nice pip phones. I had used them when I had Ringcentral service which I keep just for the fax line.

I have had one of these devices for around a month now, regular firmware updates are being pushed out fixing lot's of minor issues and adding more and more features each time.

You can do so much with these devices that you never could with the Cisco phones!

It will be really interesting to see how the software on these phones grow over time; being in the UK I don't use Google voice myself so I'm unable to comment on that side of things. It also mentions in the user guide that the OBiLINE will be supported in the future - That will be interesting!

For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com
giqcass

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2014, 12:45:06 pm »

Anyone get this phone yet??  How do they like it?
Like WelshPaul said they are putting out regular updates so who knows what features they may add.  From my experience the core features including Google Voice seem to work very well.  I have been using mine with the wifi adapter and Google Voice.  Sound quality is very good.  I've had positive comments about the sound quality from friends.  Basic setup should already be familiar if you already have an Obi.  Compared to my Cisco IP phone the setup is far easier and the Obi is definitely more versatile.

I wish I could use my old Linksys SPA942 phones with GV or the obi device they are nice pip phones. I had used them when I had Ringcentral service which I keep just for the fax line.
Obi describes this possibility in their blog.
http://blog.obihai.com/2012/08/use-your-obi202-as-google-voice-gateway.html

DDNS hack for OBi
Old OBi? Want Ring.to?
win32

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 11:50:43 pm »

I'd like a few of these phones, all supporting the same SIP lines. Is that possible?

Reading the docs it sounds like you can only use one device per SIP, so one number would not ring all the phones.
drgeoff

« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2014, 04:01:18 am »

I'd like a few of these phones, all supporting the same SIP lines. Is that possible?

Reading the docs it sounds like you can only use one device per SIP, so one number would not ring all the phones.
1.  Some ITSPs do permit more than one device to be registered to a SIP account.  This is not dependent on the use of OBi1032 or any other SIP phone or ATA.

2.  Even with ITSPs which don't, there are ways to have the one phone registered to a SIP account to "forward" the call to other phones.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: