News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi/localphone does not work with 1800 numbers in US

Started by alexusXXI, August 16, 2014, 08:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexusXXI

I have localphone account registered with Obi100 and all outgoing calls are OK, except 1800 numbers: when I dial the number it is just silent. I can see the entire number including leading 1 in the log. Any idea what is wrong? Did localphone stop support for these numbers?

azrobert

You can setup a Voice Gateway with CallWithUs' free tollfree service for 800 numbers.

Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups:

Voice Gateway 1

Name: CallWithUs
DigitMap: (18(00|88|77|66|55|44)xxxxxxx)
AccessNumber: sp1(tf.callwithus.com)
AuthUserID: 4805551212

The person receiving the call will see AuthUserID as your CallerID.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port
Add this to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:
{(Mvg1):vg1},

Edit:
The above assumes Localphone is defined on SP1.

mykmayk

us toll-free works fine for me with my localphone accounts on my multiple obi devices.

did you lose this capability just lately?  were you able to make toll-free calls before?

have you checked your localphone account that there is no block to certain phone numbers (or number sequences)?  in the My Services > Internet Phone section on your localphone dashboard, there is the Don't allow calls to certain numbers? settings.  are blocks in place or is it empty?

for me, i block all outgoing calls with certain exceptions (toll-free, iNum and calls abroad to 1 specific country code).  i've blocked all outgoing toll calls to the US, including 900-numbers :)
əʞɪɯ mɪke

RFC3261

Quote from: alexusXXI on August 16, 2014, 08:39:00 PM
Did localphone stop support for these numbers?

Seems unlikely. While (some) providers do block certain outgoing exchanges due to abuse, "800" numbers are rarely in the list.  Is it all 800 numbers, or just some?  First things first, I would contact localphone.

alexusXXI

Sorry I was distracted for a few days: thanks to everyone who responded. It seems like all 800 and 888 numbers are inoperable. I signed up for localphone just recently, so I did not loose this capability: it was not present from the beginning. I checked localphone dashboard and there are no blocks in place. I'm working with localphone guys, but after four days they did not come up with any explanation, they just advised to use a softphone. They traced a log and according to them everything is fine and my calls are coming through. But I cannot hear anything. I thought Obi will work with localphone, but apparently it is not :-(

mmjj

same problem here! although the unit is 202 and the massage is " the 1800.... you have dialed is rejected by service provider,the reason is 405" After contacting, they said you need to disable SIP ALG on your router which will resolved this problem. anyone has any input?

mmjj

Quote from: azrobert on August 16, 2014, 10:58:35 PM
You can setup a Voice Gateway with CallWithUs' free tollfree service for 800 numbers.

Voice Gateway 1

Edit:

azrobert. where do you put this info.? thanks. if it has already been answered,pls. give the link.

azrobert

Assuming you use OBiTalk to configure your OBi, you must enter "OBI Expert Configuration".

On the left column click "Voice Services" then click "Gateways and Trunk Groups"
Now update "Voice Gateway 1" as specified in my post.

Next update the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

alexusXXI

Quote from: azrobert on August 16, 2014, 10:58:35 PM

Voice Gateway 1

Edit:

azrobert, thank you so much for the solution! Initially I've not been able to get non-800 numbers to work, but this was my mistake in phone port definition. After I defined everything correctly, both 800 and non-800 (through localphone) works fine.

azrobert

My suggestion shouldn't cause problems with non-800 Localphone calls.
How are you calling from CSipSimple?
Is CSipSimple registered directly to Localphone?
Are you dialing 10 or 11 digits when calling 800 numbers with CSipSimple?
If you can make Localphone 800 calls from CSipSimple, it should also work on the OBi100.
"No Route Available" indicates something is wrong with the OutboundCallRoute.
Please post the following from your OBi100 configuration.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port: DigitMap

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port: OutboundCallRoute
Post OutboundCallRoute before and after making my changes.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General: DigitMap

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General: DigitMap

Is your Phone Port Primary Line set to SP1 Service?

alexusXXI

azrobert, yes I've been able to call 800 numbers with CSipSimple directly using localphone. These are my settings:

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port: DigitMap
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port: OutboundCallRoute
(1) before
{[1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
(2) with your changes
{(Mvg1):vg1},{[1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General: DigitMap
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1408>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General: DigitMap
(*xx.|**275*x.|[3469]11|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Yes the primary line for outgoing calls is set to SP1 service.