News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No where to set up Google Voice account after firmware udpate

Started by elser1001, August 21, 2014, 10:50:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elser1001

Hi all,

I logged into obihai.com today to check the setting of the GV account. Then the web page forced to upgrading the firmware of Obi110. Once that's done my GV stopped working. So I deleted it and tried to set it up again. Now at the set up page there's no boxes for me to enter gmail address and password. You can see that on the attached screenshot.

Anyone had similar experience or know how to fix this?

BigJim_McD

1)  Open and sign into your Google gmail account associated with your Google Voice phone number {I use Google Chrome myself}. 

2)  Open a new tab in the browser and sign into the OBi Dashboard with your ObiTALK account user and password.

3)  Click on the link to your Obi device.

4)  Click the Settings Icon for the Service Provider SP Port.

5)  Select Google Voice.

6)  Verify and update settings for Google Voice.

7)  Save and look for a POP-UP window with a list of your Google user accounts.

8) On the POP-UP, Select the Google user associated with your Google Voice Account and confirm.

ObiTalk will setup the Google Voice as a Service Provider.

The steps above are from memory and I'm sure that if I missed anything, someone else will be happy to assist with additional information. 

Sorry for the Smiley in the reply, for some reason, I couldn't get rid of the smiley in the reply.
BigJimMcD

elser1001

Got it! The part that confused me is that clicking the "finish setup" button would invoke a pop up window in the browser, and unfortunately my browser disabled the pop up functionality for ad blocking pupose.

Thanks a lot!

BigJim_McD

I'm glad that I was able to help a little, these changes in procedures can be more than a little confusing. 

After retiring, I have more time than most to play around with my Obi devices.  After getting an Obi202 last year, I kept my old Obi100 and Obi110 for my own personal VoIP Lab to experiment with various configurations.
BigJimMcD