News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Unable to re-add OBi1032 phone to Obitalk

Started by Xipper, August 21, 2014, 01:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xipper

I am trying to add a brand new OBi1032 phone to my existing Obitalk account.  I have an existing Obi202 on the same network that connects to the Internet through single router with 1 public IP, I assume the original problems were due to both Obi gateway devices trying to use UDP 10000 for inbound communication, so I changed the local port for the OBi202 via OBiexpert...and if I look at the config via the OBi202 web page it reflects the new UDP port I assigned.

I got the 1032 to register once (iirc while the 202 was powered off), but the SP configs were in a misconfigured state and the portal wouldn't let me do anything with them...it just gave an error long the lines of "ITSP configuration mismatch", I would try to delete the SP config and it would just hang at a blank page and never do anything. 

I decided to start over with the 1032, so I deleted it from the portal and then did a factory reset via the on display menu (no physical reset button?).  The device boots up, I go through the add device process and it continuously gets the error "Failed to add this device. Your session may have timed out. Please try again." 

I guess the first question is, is it even possible to have 2 Obi devices register with Obitalk from the same network?  This is a typical home network via cable modem, only 1 public IP that all traffic NATs through.  I am using an Asus router with custom firmware, but it does support UPnP, NAT-PMP, and PCP.

I assume that having both devices trying to communicate with Obitalk on UDP10000 isn't going to work, thats why I moved the obi202 to a different UDP port.  However if both devices are powered on it seems that adding the Obi1032 (2nd device) to my Obitalk just times out.  All dial tests with the Obi1032 work fine, and the Obi202 currently works fine with the PhonePower SP configured (deleted GV accounts in order to move them to the 1032).

Xipper

In general the Obitalk portal does not seem to work very well with the OBi1032.  I currently have my OBi202 powered off in order to get the 1032 working at all.  When I apply changes in OBitalk it either acts like the changes are made (but config never changes on the device) or it just goes to a blank white screen.  I have never seen this for my OBi202, however it seems to be a common occurrence for the OBi1032 with the first few hours of trying to get it to work. 

At this point I think I am going to give up on using OBitalk to manage my OBi1032, I was able to get it to provision 1 Google Voice account but that is it.  Any other changes seem to never make it from the portal to the phone itself...changes would apply to my OBi202 within a few seconds or at least less than a minute...but even with long waits or reboots of the OBi1032 the changes are never reflected on the device, if its through the OBiExpert or OBiTalk, the results are essentially the same...anything after the first GV account being configured does not work.

Xipper

I sent a support request in via the portal and within minutes I had a reply back from Obi.  They stated they found an issue with the portal and it is now working perfectly.  I was able to activate 2 existing GV lines and my PhonePower line on my Obi1032, I also have the PhonePower line active on my OBi202 which will now be relocate out of my office to decouple the home phone from being dependent on my office.

So far the OBi1032 seems pretty great, I look forward to testing on my 5 hours of conference calls tomorrow.