News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi 1032 Admin Guide?

Started by Marc, August 21, 2014, 06:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Does anyone have a link for the Admin Guide for the 1032 IP Phone?
I only see the user guide listed on the docs download page.

Thanks.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

MarkObihai

The admin guide isn't ready to be published yet - you'll see this posted nearer to the shipping date of the phones.
Obihai Technology (London, United Kingdom)

drgeoff

Quote from: MarkObihai on August 22, 2014, 02:06:23 AM
The admin guide isn't ready to be published yet - you'll see this posted nearer to the shipping date of the phones.
Excuse me but Amazon claim the phone is in stock.

Marc

Quote from: MarkObihai on August 22, 2014, 02:06:23 AM

I've already ordered, via Amazon, and received the phone.  VERY fast shipping, BTW, it arrived 2 days before I expected it and a week before Amazon said it 'should' arrive  :o
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

MarkObihai

I should have been clearer - it will be posted nearer our mass-market shipping date, people ordering via Amazon in the US get a head start  :)

Marc

Quote from: MarkObihai on August 22, 2014, 06:29:47 AM
I should have been clearer - it will be posted nearer our mass-market shipping date, people ordering via Amazon in the US get a head start  :)

Ah, OK.  And do you have an approximate date? 

Is there a draft version, like the draft users guide that has been posted?

Thanks.

MarkObihai

There's no draft version at this point - in the interim, you can use the OBi Device Admin Guide which covers the standard feature set common across all OBi devices. 

If there are specific features you need assistance with between now and when the guide is released (likely the end of September) then please let us know.

Marc

Well I have a few questions, some of which the standard obi admin doc may answer.  Some that are phone related though, like how control the programmable key lights/lamp?  Both color and on|off.  For example, with the line monitor feature, we want the lamp off unless the line is in use. Currently the lamp is on by default.

Thanks

Xipper

Perhaps those of us that have received our OBi1032 (and free Wifi adapter, thanks Obi!!) can share what we have learned so far.  Thus far I have mine working pretty well, just now going to dig into getting more speed dials and button/screen customization. 

The speakerphone audio quality (using PhonePower) is a night and day improvement over what I was experiencing on my AT&T 993 analog phone via the OBi202.

MarkObihai

Quote from: Marc on August 22, 2014, 07:48:01 AM
... how control the programmable key lights/lamp?  Both color and on|off ... with the line monitor feature, we want the lamp off unless the line is in use ...

At present we don't have any override syntax to control the lamp behaviour. You can start a thread on the feature request board for any features you would like us to add to the OBi.

Quote from: Xipper on August 22, 2014, 08:29:55 AM
Perhaps those of us that have received our OBi1032 (and free Wifi adapter, thanks Obi!!) can share what we have learned so far.  Thus far I have mine working pretty well, just now going to dig into getting more speed dials and button/screen customization. 

Please do feel free to start a thread on this topic - I will keep a watch to help people with questions.

Quote from: Xipper on August 22, 2014, 08:29:55 AM
The speakerphone audio quality (using PhonePower) is a night and day improvement over what I was experiencing on my AT&T 993 analog phone via the OBi202.

That's great to hear!

Xipper

Marc

Quote from: Xipper on August 22, 2014, 10:56:52 AM
Seems they placed an admin guide on the docs page:

http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf?v=2

That's the user guide, not admin guide. Although it does look like they updated it today as it no longer says draft all over the place ;-)   As far as user guides go, its pretty good.  I think what many if us are looking for in an admin guide is how to manage and 'play with' the nuts and bolts.

Marc

Quote from: MarkObihai on August 22, 2014, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: Marc on August 22, 2014, 07:48:01 AM
... how control the programmable key lights/lamp?  Both color and on|off ... with the line monitor feature, we want the lamp off unless the line is in use ...

At present we don't have any override syntax to control the lamp behaviour. You can start a thread on the feature request board for any features you would like us to add to the OBi.

Will do, thanks for the suggestion.