News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 1032

Started by tseward, August 22, 2014, 01:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tseward

Just got my Obi 1032 and was wondering why my GV is not ringing in bound?

Currently I have gv attached to my 0bi202 i.e. home and also at work i.e. obi1032 is it possible to have it on two devices?  Or will that cause one not to ring?

Marc

While a slightly different setup, while playing with the 1032, I have it on the same subnet as an OBi202. Both have the same Google voice setup and both ring with the GV number is called.  I assume if this config works on the same subnet that there will be no issues if on different subnets or entirely different networks.

I did have to let the obitalk web console re-add the 202 back to my account, it was still there but had somehow been disconnected, causing GV to fail as well as phonepower to error out after registering.

Now both are happy on the same netwok,.  1032 has 3 callcentric extensions, 1 phonepower, and 2 GV, using up all 6 SPs. 202 has the same 1 phhonePower line, 2 different CallCentric extensions and  the one of the same GV accounts.  All working harmoniously at this time :-)
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

SteveInWA

tseward:

You didn't supply any details as to how you have configured the service providers on your two OBi devices.  I have two OBi devices, and another brand ATA and IP phone system all on my LAN, and they all work.  You may need to assign separate user agent port numbers for each SP configuration on each device.  The 1032 does that automatically, using the 5080 range.

Also, don't register the same service provider on multiple devices using the same credentials.  For example, I use Callcentric, and I assign a separate extension to each device/SP slot.

tseward

I am a non tech person but have had obi for 3+ years. 

Here is my set up

202 Has sp1 GV#  uses regular phone no IP I used the standard standard wizard set up no changes to obi

I have the 1032 sp1 GV# with the same GV as 202 but it does not ring inbound calls.  I can make calls but does not receive inbound calls

They are on different networks one is a home network the other is my work network.

SP1 is GV
SP2 is GV
Sp3 is Call Centric

All do not receive calls on 1032 but do on 202

I used the standard setup for each without changing any of the defaults.  I have not used seperate extensions with callcentric.  How do I adjust that on the I have two extensions i.e. 100 and 101 on call centric but have them point to the same CC #. do I change that on the obi side or the CC side.

Either way GV does not want to call in on 1032.

SteveInWA

With regard to the GV numbers not ringing, I would try to delete them off of both OBi devices, then re-add them, letting it go through the new authentication procedure.  Add the two numbers first to the IP phone, and see if they work, then add them to the 202 and see what happens.

Regarding Callcentric, it's rather involved to explain here, but this is a high-level answer:  

Log into your Callcentric web account (their portal page).  Go to the Extensions page:

https://my.callcentric.com/extensions.php

Add a new extension.  For example, if your CC number is 17771234567, then the extension can be 17771234567101.  To make things easy, use the same SIP password as you used for the original number.  This now becomes a separate SIP registration that can be customized to use on a separate device.

Next, go to the Call Treatments tab.  Set up a call treatment for your inbound DID number.  This will tell Callcentric to ring your two extensions (the original 1777 number is one extension, and 101 is the other).

I've attached a screenshot, showing one of my call treatments for a DID that I use as a forwarding phone from Google Voice to Callcentric, which then rings all of my various VoIP gadgets, each with its own extension.

You can get as fancy as you like with extensions and call treatments; call treatments are also great to send spammers to the "disconnected or not in service" message.

You can even use nomorobo.com as one number to simulring, to dump robocalls.  Just tell nomorobo.com that you are using Vonage, since Callcentric isn't listed as one of their choices, then add the toll free number nomorobo gives you, as one of the destinations to ring on your call treatment.

tseward

Thanks for the insight.. Here is the update

GV1 on Sp1 is working on 1032 for inbound
Gv2 on sp2 is working on 1032 for inbound
CC on Sp3 is not working on inboud

Here is what I did

1. reset all GV on 1032
2. Added back GV on 1032
3. created extensions for routing 100 is softphone 101 is obi 1032 and 102 is obi 202

Now I can get my softphone i.e. computer x-lite to ring for CC but not on obi202 or 1032. 

Does the first extension i.e. the default 100 have to be connected? i.e. does the computer have to be on for ex 101 and 102 to work in simultaneous ring? 

I feel like this is an obi phone issue not a cc issue. Any additional thoughts?

Thanks again!

SteveInWA

Hi:

It's not a OBi issue, per se.  It's an issue with how you probably set up your Callcentric number, either on the OBi device, or on the CC portal.

You don't need to have a computer or any of your other devices running.  Important concept:  each Callcentric extension operates independently, as if it was a separate SIP account with its own SIP user name and password.  the original 17771234567 SIP user name is the same as 17771234567100 (extension 100), but you don't need to add the 100.  The rest of the extensions' user names are your same CC number, 17771234567, with the unique extension number added as a suffix (1777123456710n).  So, on any SIP device (OBi, or other brand ATA, or softphone), you need to use that fourteen-digit number as your SIP ID.  I suspect you didn't do that.  So, go to your OBi 1032 and delete the CC configuration, then add it back, using the 14-digit number for the user name and your SIP password as the password.

ALSO, you do need to create a call treatment for that inbound DID number, to point it to ring the desired extensions, as shown in my example.