News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cannot accept received calls via Google Voice

Started by ChrisThompson, May 10, 2011, 02:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisThompson

Within the last few hours my Google Voice account now says "This account does not support Google Talk".  When I receive calls on my Google Talk connected line I just get "Press 1 to accept for 2 to send to voicemail", but it doesn't recognize when I press anything and it always goes straight to voicemail.  I have call screening turned off, so I'm not sure why it's doing this.

I tested outgoing calls and those appear to work.  It's only incoming calls that I cannot answer.

Is anyone else having an issue with their Google Voice account no longer accepting Google Talk connections?

RonR

If you're talking about calls through the OBi, I'm not seeing any problems at the moment in either direction, but many times, Google Voice problems don't affect everyone equally.

RonR

Quote from: ChrisThompson on May 10, 2011, 02:21:45 PMWhen I receive calls on my Google Talk connected line I just get "Press 1 to accept for 2 to send to voicemail", but it doesn't recognize when I press anything and it always goes straight to voicemail.

Even with Call Screening turned off at the Google Voice end, "Press 1 to accept or 2 to send to voicemail" is played on the receiving end when the Google Talk interface is used.  That's why SPx -> X_SkipCallScreening has to be enabled to hide that prompt.

Quote from: ChrisThompson on May 10, 2011, 11:50:55 AMI applied the suggested settings by OBisupport and it does appear that DTMF tones are better recognized now.  I still get the occasional dropped number, especially when dialing quickly, but it works significantly better.

Any chance the changes you made to DTMF signalling is why Google Voice isn't recognizing the 1 that X_SkipCallScreening sends as well as whatever you enter manually?

ChrisThompson

These issues did start occurring after the firmware update today.

I double-checked and the X_SkipCallScreening is enabled, but I'm still getting the prompt.

RonR

X_SkipCallScreening simply sends a DTMF 1 to Google Voice upon answering the call and before bridging the audio to the PHONE Port so you don't hear the prompt or the 1 being sent.  If you've managed to break DTMF compatibility with Google Voice, you would have the symptoms you're describing.

ChrisThompson

I didn't realize that's what was happening.  I reset the configuration back to ObiTalk defaults and receiving calls is now working again.  Interestingly, it appears that DTMF tones are working okay, even with the default settings. Perhaps something in the new firmware fixed that.