News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI 110 Netherlands (Holland) settings

Started by hetkapitein, August 26, 2014, 07:51:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hetkapitein

Hello,

1st post here!

Does anyone have the configuration settings for The Netherlands (NL).

I am trying to set up my OBI110.  I have registered for an Anveo SIP account.

I am able to dial out using the regular PSTN line, but not receive any calls :(

All help appreciated :)

THanks

drgeoff

No incoming calls on the PSTN line or none on Anveo (SIP) or none or both?

I confess that I don't know the specifics of the NL PSTN lines but I would have thought that the Obi110's default settings would ring the phone.  (Caller ID does need to be changed but that would not prevent ringing and call answering by taking the phone off hook.)

Point your browser at the OBi's IP address on your LAN.  (user admin and default password is admin.)  Then click on Status and then Call History.  Does the list show any incoming calls on LINE?

hetkapitein

hi

thanks for the reply.

i can dial out via both anveo and pstn.

no calls at all incoming.  when I call from another line, I get the ringing tone, but there is no activity on the line itself.

via the anveo account it does not register any incoming calls.

drgeoff

Calls come in to the SIP "line" and the PSTN line by entirely different methods, so I don't understand why neither is showing up in the OBi's call log.

Is the OBi definitely "SIP registered" with Anveo?  With some providers it is possible to make outgoing calls without being registered*.  Check by looking at Status, System Status, then SP1 or SP2 (whichever you are using for Anveo).

(* You can never have incoming SIP calls from a VoIP provider if not registered to that provider.)

hetkapitein

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Here are some screenshots from my OBI dashboard and OBItalk page:

As you can see, everything looks good and the Anveo account is registered correctly.

Ive been playing a bit more with it.

Current status:

IF Anveo SIP set as primary:

Can call out via SIP (outbound caller ID is Anveo number)

Can not call out via PSTN.

Can not receive any calls (rings for caller, no activity on receiving line)

IF PSTN set as primary:

Can not call out via SIP

Can not call out via PSTN

Can not receive calls.

:(

The initial response from OBi support is that my device is configured correctly and working....... yeh :(

EDIT to remove photo with obi ID in.

hetkapitein

Further....

I have just completely rest the OBI to factory default and removed the Anveo account via OBItalk.

I can call the OBI echo test OK.

However I can not dial out.  I have a dial tone, the numbers dial, there is about 20s of silence with some scratching noise and then I get the dial tone again.

Somethings not good :(

drgeoff

1. You have't yet satisfied me that you have looked at the OBi's call log.

2.  If you were in the UK I'd tell you to look to the the adaptor(s) between the UK style phone plugs and the US type on the OBi.  Are you using any adaptor(s) in your setup?

drgeoff

I called your Obitalk number* and you answered.  So your telephone handset connection to the OBi110 is OK.

* Might not be a good idea to leave that visible in your forum post.  >:(

hetkapitein

Quote from: drgeoff on August 26, 2014, 12:35:16 PM
I called your Obitalk number* and you answered.  So your telephone handset connection to the OBi110 is OK.

* Might not be a good idea to leave that visible in your forum post.  >:(

Hi.

Thanks - that was a strange one, but the idea is appreciated.

So weve established I can receive incoming obi calls, great :)  Ill edit that number out of my original post now.

hetkapitein

Further:

No adaptors being used.  NL plugs are RJ11.

There are calls logged in my OBI call list, showing inbound and outbound via PHONE1,  LINE1 and OBItalk1.  Some show as busy and some as connected, however the reality (on the phone) is that its a dead line, or appears to connect for inbd. calls, but never rings at the handset.

Im sure its just simple settings that need changing to match the NL system, which is why I emailed OBI support.  Im sure I cant be the first NL based OBi customer to try and get things working.

hetkapitein

Changing the ringer voltage and wave form unfortunately had no affect for the inbd.

otbd. i have a dial tone, can make DTMF touch pad inputs, but it simply never establishes a connection, and after about 20s I get the dial tone again.

drgeoff

When you look at the call history, the right hand column shows where the call went,  For incoming calls that should be "PHONE".  My call to you did ring your phone.  Are the other incoming calls also showing "PHONE"?

To check the connection to your PSTN line, dial a single #.  You should get the dial tone from your PSTN exchange and be able to dial a number and make a call just as if the phone was connected directly to the PSTN line.

drgeoff

Quote from: hetkapitein on August 26, 2014, 01:18:34 PM
Changing the ringer voltage and wave form unfortunately had no affect for the inbd.

otbd. i have a dial tone, can make DTMF touch pad inputs, but it simply never establishes a connection, and after about 20s I get the dial tone again.
I deleted that suggestion as we already established that the OBi110 can ring your phone.  I assume it did ring when I called you via Obitalk.

hetkapitein

hi

thanks for the continuing input.

yes, when you called via obitalk, the phone rang as normal and I could see your obitalk number in the caller ID.

when I dial  #  via PSTN I am able to successfully establish a dial tone.  However it will not dial out.

hetkapitein

your inbd OBiTalk call was routed to PHONE 1.

I have no other established inbd. calls in the log from outside lines.  When I try to call in I receive the ringing tone on my mobile, but the house landline does not activate :(

drgeoff

Have a look at System Status, Product Information.  If the Hardware version is 2.8 you have a 110 with an internal relay which physically connects the PHONE and LINE jacks together when the OBi is unpowered.  If you cannot make or receive PSTN calls in that condition then there is some other anomaly, not the 110.

Unfortunately more recent hardware versions do not have that relay and that test will not work.

hetkapitein

HW ver. 3,4 unfortunately.

Thanks for the help, you have been more than generous with your time.

Im calling it quits for tonight, will attack again tomorrow!

:)

hetkapitein

So, I unplugged and reset everything.

I am now able to dial out via PSTN (after a very long delay of nearly 35s before connecting out).

However, I am still not able to receive PSTN calls :(

It has to be something to do with the settings :(

hetkapitein

Ive returned the OBI110, it was driving me nuts. :(

However,  I have ordered an OBI100 in its place, which I will use in conjunction with a separate standalone DECT phone to make internet calls.

Thanks for the assistance, to anyone reading this in the future - good luck getting it to work on a Dutch telephone  system, you will need it!!