News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring Delay on Obi100?

Started by dhfobi, August 28, 2014, 09:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhfobi

There is no RING DELAY adjustment on my Obi100 as there is on the 110. Is there a different way to adjust this on the 100?
Is it ReorderDelayTime on the 100?
I would like to shorten the delay before my phone starts to ring.Any info would be appreciated on how to accomplish this on the Obi100.
Thanks in advance.

azrobert

RingDelay is a parameter for the OBi110 Line Port. CallerID on a PSTN line is transmitted between the 1st and 2nd ring. The purpose of RingDelay is to INCREASE the delay, giving the OBi110 enough time to receive the CallerID before processing the call.

I am not aware of anything on the OBi that will increase the delay on an SP trunk. Maybe someone else can help you. Could it be your service provider or something with your network?

dhfobi

I don't want to increase the ring delay, I want to try to decrease it if possible. I know this delay is adjustable on the Obi110, but it is not an obvious adjustment if it exists at all on the Obi100. Of course it has to be long enough to allow decoding of CID but it may be unnecessarily long for that action.
I am also exploring this with my VoIP network provider, but expect they will deny it is a network problem which leaves only my Obi100.

azrobert

I know you want to decrease the delay. I was just explaining the purpose of the parameter on the Line Port. On an SIP trunk the CallerID is transmitted first, so there is no need for this parameter on a SP line.

dhfobi

Quote from: azrobert on August 28, 2014, 12:37:00 PM
I know you want to decrease the delay. I was just explaining the purpose of the parameter on the Line Port. On an SIP trunk the CallerID is transmitted first, so there is no need for this parameter on a SP line.

I understand,  so the reason there is no ring delay adjustment on the Obi100 is that there is no ring delay as the 100 is an SP only device, so it must be a network problem.

Thanks for the clarification.

Saad-S

Hi I'm having the same problem. It takes 30 seconds to make and receive a call.

Once I dial the number, I do not hear anything for 30 second than the bell starts ringing. The same thing happens when someone calls me, I do not hear anything for half a minute.

Anyone knows the solution to this, I use Obi-100.

drgeoff

Delays when making and receiving call are separate issues though some of the causes may be the same.

1.  When calling there may be unnecessary delay, perhaps as much as 10 seconds, incurred if the dial plan in your OBi is not optimal.  Any more than that is down to your ITSP, route selection and the callee's ITSP.

2.  When someone calls you there may be delays in their dial plan, their ITSP, route selection, and your ITSP. And if it is a POTS line coming into an OBi110, the Ring Delay set on the 110.