News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No IP through Vonage VWR router

Started by TamBui, June 09, 2012, 01:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TamBui

When dail ***1 from the phone, my OBI110 said I have NO IP when connecting to the Vonage VWR router.  If I connect the OBI110 directly to the cable modem box, it get an IP.   I can access the Internet from a laptop, or a PC via wired to from the Vonage VWR router so this prove to me that the router is good.  I got the same error "No service" when dialing with either connection (via cable modem or through Vonage VWR router).  Is my OBI110 burned out?

Please help.

pc44

Hi TamBui,

If you connect the OBI to your cable modem, you said you get an IP.  Could you try changing your OBI's IP to a static address first?  You can disable DHCP via ***3 and can enter a static IP address via ***4.

I would also input the DNS addresses too, but I think it's a bit difficult to do via the telephone interface.  If this works, we can later input the DNSServer addresses into the OBI.

Then re-connect to the Vonage Router.  Power cycle both devices and see what you get.  Let's hope that Vonage isn't being competitive (aka mean >:() and blocking other VOIP/ATA devices from obtaining a local IP address.

If none of the above helps, you might also try the instructions at this link.

Let us know what happens,
pc44

GFMIII

I just had the same issue with my D-Link VWR wireless router and setting a static IP address worked.

It was strange though as the wireless router indicated that a IP address had been assign to my OBi100, but the unit itself was not picking it up until I set it as a static IP address.