News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two (2) Obi100's on same network with issues???

Started by sonofbob, August 29, 2014, 11:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sonofbob

I have 2 Obi100's.  Each Obi has it's own phone number - I use phonepower for the service for each number. No complaints so far!

I can connect and sync only one of my Obi100's when connected to my Modem/Router from the cable company (built-in router/modem combo).  When I try to connect both Obi100's through the modem/router, one of them will crap (usually the second one to sync will live through the process - but only retain the ability to call out...), and will not sync properly with Obitalk and phonepower.

It is as if only one Obi100 can live on the network created by the modem/router.  Any suggestions on how to make both Obi100's coexist on my home network??  I have other switches and routers I can add to the network to make this work - just don't know the best architecture.

I have full admin access to the modem/router if there are some settings that need to be adjusted or created (ie: rules, port forwarding, etc.)

I currently have just one of the Obi100's connected and working wonderfully.  Just need to know how to get the second one working fully.

Thank you in advance for your help.

gderf

Are you using the same SP slot on both OBis? If so, try running one on SP1, and the other on SP2.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

sonofbob

gderf --> I was .... aaaaah.  Interesting! 

I will try that when I get home.  Keep the suggestions coming ....

hwittenb

Sort of the same suggestion as made by gderf.  Change the sip port numbers on the 2d OBi.  The default is 5060 and 5061.  Change to 6060 and 6061.  Actually you can change to most any number.  This is the port number that is used when your voip provider sends something to you.  Each OBi has a unique local network ip address and using the same port number for each should work OK, however maybe something is getting confused because they both have the same external ip address.

This would be a change to X_UserAgentPort under SP1 and SP2.

gderf

The default settings for X_UserAgentPort under SP1 and SP2 are different already, so unless the user changed them previously, they will not be the same. Same is true for the RTP ports - different ranges for different SPs.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Mango

True, but if he's using SP1 on two OBi100 devices, both devices would by default attempt to listen on 5060.  Many routers can handle that, but perhaps the OP's can't.

Xipper

If the device doesn't show up in the Obi dashboard then the problem isn't just the SIP port overlap.

The Obi devices default to using port 10,000 for management from the Obi dashboard.  I ran into this in trying to get 2 devices to link to the dashboard from the same network (202 + 1032), I ended up finding a setting in the device admin pages that I changed and seemed to have fixed the problem.

What I did was go into the Obi202 management page (pick 1 of your 2) and go to the Voice Services --> OBiTalk Service --> LocalPort.  Uncheck the box for defaults and change the port, I used 10010. 

At that point you will need to reboot your router and both Obi devices, at that point both should show up as connected on the dashboard.  This worked for me perfectly, I don't know if this resolved the issue or if it was just a magical coincidental.