News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi202 Bluetooth multiple voip phones

Started by Ansextra, September 14, 2016, 01:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansextra

i have an OBI 202 and with two VOIP lines connected to it.  I am thinking of getting the bluetooth adapter but only want one of my VOIP lines to ring when my mobile phone rings.  Is this possible or will both VOIP lines ring when my mobile phone rings?

SteveInWA

Yah, you can do that.  In expert mode, the default inbound call route for each of the two possible OBiBT adapters is "ph,ph2".  You could change it to route to only one of those two.

Ansextra

Thanks Steve.

One more stupid question.  If my mobile rings I can answer on either the Obi or the phone itself, right?

SteveInWA

OBiBT is using the standard Bluetooth hands free profile.  So, it behaves the same way as if you were using a typical Bluetooth headset with your cell phone.  When a call comes in, you can answer it via the OBiBT link, or via the phone itself.

Ansextra

Great thanks!
I'm using Project Fi now and really miss not having GV available any more thru the Obi so am looking for alternative ways to integrate my desk handset.  This sounds like the most economical way to go.
Thanks again!

SteveInWA

Yah, too bad Fi doesn't work with Google Chat/XMPP at this time, so it could integrate with OBi devices.  Perhaps at some point in the future....

Ansextra

I love Fi but Obi integration is the thing I miss the most...